Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Was I Wrong?

On the way home from 7 feathers in Oregon we stopped at a nice campground in Bakersfield. I noticed a Montana across from our spot so I decided to go over and mention the MOC,As I started to speak to the owner his less than a year old Lab mix came up to me wagging his tail and tried to be friendly when all of a sudden his owner kicked that little dog twice as hard as he could and told him to stay away from strangers.
I thought to myself,we don't need this kind of member and walked away without saying a word. I just don't understand some people!
I thought about that little dog all night long!
Jack

jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I would have to agree, we don't need these types as members. There is no place in this family for folks that abuse animals.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:55 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
You did the right thing. We don't need cruel idiots like that in our group. It's just too bad that you couldn't give him a swift one. He deserves it.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:05 AM   #4
farmboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9087
Send a message via Yahoo to farmboy
He also needs reported to local law enforcement for curelity to amnimals. Society does not need people like that.
farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:09 AM   #5
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
I agree with John, A litlle Kindness goes along way with dogs.
mtheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:37 AM   #6
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
He probably kicks his wife too.
That is disgusting.
You did the right thing, we don't want him.
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 03:57 AM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Wow, glad I wasn't there. I have a very short fuse for stuff like that. There might have been some additional kicking done. yup, don't need that... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:09 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You done good.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:39 AM   #9
cmawendy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9222
I agree.....poor little dog.
cmawendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 04:42 AM   #10
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
Here in Sioux Ciy, we have a case where a man slugged his dog over 30 times because the puppy peed on the carpet. The puppy died! You did good! We don't need bullies of any kind! Wish I could shake your hand!
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:24 AM   #11
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Jack,
You did the right thing. I know how much this must have hurt. With your attitude toward dogs I'm surprised the guy was still able to walk! Just kidding. We don't need any of our members to be in trouble with the law.

If there were some way to get the dog out of the guy's control the world would be much better off. With his attitude he won't be walking free too much longer. He will commit some sort of crime that will end his dog owning career. I just hope the little dog survives.

Thank you for sharing. Give those girls of yours a big pat on the head from us.

See you soon.

I hope the park worked out for you OK otherwise.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:25 AM   #12
itaves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8637
Definitely don't want to associate with his type. My opinion of people that would mistreat animals (or children)...cowards...don't want to pick on someone their own size!!

Thank you for discriminating...and thinking about our MOC group of fine people!!
itaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:58 AM   #13
Phyllen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9165
As the owner of a 12 year old Black Lab who is failing, this angers me. Our Sparky is on twice daily pain and arthritis meds to aid his walking. We think the problem originated when he was kicked by a horse about 4 years ago. I hate to think of the future problems this poor dog will face.

Phyllis
Phyllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:15 AM   #14
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Dennis,I would have love to have said something to that guy he had his wife and Grandchildren with him. I am always leery about confrontations on the road,there's a lot of strange people out in the world. You never know how someone might react,might harm our dogs or worse yet be packing a fire arm. We'll pray for that little pup!
It was Orange Grove RV park,nice and clean but the oranges we're green
You and Mary Kay travel safe and give pats to Buddy and Bandit.
Jack

jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #15
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Jack,
You did the right thing. There are carzies out there. But it angers me to hear of such a thing.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #16
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
What a jerk. He's the one that needs a kicking.
I feel bad when I have to tell my dog how disapointed I was when he did something bad, he sorta pouts untill I tell him I still love him
Old 06-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #17
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Jack, absolutely the right thing to do. That was a window into his soul, and obviously it is dark.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:21 PM   #18
2 Sinks
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6341

Jflash- You did the right thing,I hope the individual who did the kicking is feeling some sort of remorse but I doubt it.He should have realized by your walking off that his violent actions towards the unsuspecting pup was totally repugnant.He is not welcome on this forum ever!!

I hope the pup is recovering from the pain and bruises inflicted upon him in such a callous manner.The dog will be very sore for several days.
2 Sinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #19
rphoward
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4471
You did the right thing. Those of us who love our dogs are amazed at the cruelty displayed by some pet owners.

Orange Grove is a great place to stay in the winter months when the oranges are ripe. They are the only oranges we eat - thanks to Butch and Susan staying there in December.
rphoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #20
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Here's a deep thought. I have heard plenty of references that the MOC is a Family and everyone is treated as such. But unlike a true family the MOC DOES NOT tolerate and support detrimental actions by lesser members like if this bozo had snuck into the MOC and was "rejected". I am not complaining since I agree with everyone else's postings so far.

What is a more appropriate term for a higher-standard familial group of people that does not tolerate nor accept the lower end of the gene pool? It seems to me that the MOC "family" is tougher than most families I know and for good reason.

Just keeping it deep. (Please can I stay in the MOC?)

P.S. jjackflash... you were NOT wrong in your actions! I hope I would have been strong enough and walked away, hoping for the best as opposed to smacking the jerk and becoming a problem myself. Even if you had contacted officials he just would have argued he didn't harm the dog, then it's his word against yours. Without several witnesses and these days, a video, it's hard to prove wrong when the violator does not admit it.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote