Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
5ER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #90
Pets in Mega Cab

We are looking at Dodge Ram Mega Cab because it is the largest Cab and with the seats folded down our dogs may have enough room. There is a space behind the front seats with the rear seats down and don't know how to fill in that space. Any ideas?

5ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I have a Ford that has backs that fold down onto the seats like I think you are describing and this leaves a deep gap between the front seats and the rear seats.

But for my Ford there is another configuration that with the seatbacks in their normal position the seats also fold up against the backs to create a large floor area. Does Dodge have this seat option for their rear seats? Otherwise you might have to build a platform that fits in that area to fill the gap, but if it's for those two horses in your sig picture, it will have to be substantial and they'll be riding high. This could create some storage under the platform too.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We have a lot of room there and store my jump starter, camera bag, Joyce's knitting bag, umbrellas and snack bag in that spot. I put a two outlet expander in the 12v outlet back there and run both our Ipad charger and router/internet access out of it and just incase it gets stepped on I store my winter hat and gloves under the expander to cushion it. What doesn't stick up even with the seat backs we just put our spare jackets over. I drive with the seat all the way back so we put the low stuff on that side and the bags on Joyce's side. If you have both seats up more you could just buy or build some storage boxes and use those. You also have storage in two little compartments at the rear of the back seat area
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #4
seahunter
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11675
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 5ER

We are looking at Dodge Ram Mega Cab because it is the largest Cab and with the seats folded down our dogs may have enough room.
Wait, if you fold the seats down they won't get the benefit of the heated seats With two dogs that really don't like to be cold, that would have been nice for our dogs, but they're about 140 pounds lighter than yours and would fit easier on the seats LOL.
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #5
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
We use a baby crib mattress with a small brace for our two Brittanies. It gives them plenty of room and fill the gaps.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:58 AM   #6
subra1228
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10766
We built a wooden "bench" that lies on top of the seats when in the seated position, but goes out further (where a person's legs would go when sitting) to the back of the front seats. The covered with some carpet (just glued it on. We leave the seats in the seated position, put an old blanket on top of seats to keep them protected, the wooden bench on top of that, then a cute dog print blanket so it's comfortable for Her Royal Highness (AKA Zoey). :-) Works great!
subra1228 is offline   Reply With Quote