Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2009, 02:53 AM   #1
TheRanch
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6226
Got a problem hope someone can help.

The bedroom slide on my 3500RL stops about 2" shy of going all way out. I checked for something blocking it, checked fluid level, cant see under unless I remove the cover was hoping someone could give me some ideas before I get started in the wrong direction. Thanks Roy

TheRanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:53 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Maybe a stupid question but could anything been put on top of the slide while it was in thus blocking it from going all the way out?
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
Glenn & Lorraine sound like they have the solution,I once compressed a grapefruit on my kitchen slide,don't know how it got there but it did a good job of making grapefruit juice.Check all along the inside seal.
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:25 AM   #4
TheRanch
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6226
Thanks for the reply but I checked that first. I looked all over for something blocking it. I checked the fluid level, breaker everything. Think Im gonna pull the cover underneath and take a look today befor I put it in the shop, Im afraied if I do that I wont see it again this year!
Old 06-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #5
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Do you happen to have Slide Toppers? Something could bind up on those and not allow the slide to extend all the way out.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
How about lifting the bed and make sure nothing slipped down into the workings? My bed has a piece of plywood in place but I have seen pictures of other rigs who had them removed or were only partial.

Otherwise maybe it just needs adjustment.

Please let us know what you find. It's good to pass on solutions. Thanks.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Roy, it's not hard to get to the area under the bed floor. If your safe is under there, open it, remove the screws, lift it out. The plywood is held in by two screws, one on each side. Lift that out and you can get to the slide mechanism to see if something is catching.

While you're in there, you might consider creating some extra storage space, assuming you need more space. I copied Ozz and cut that plywood in half, installed a handle on each half, then put the plywood back in. Now I can easily lift it to access what's underneath.

You can use the entire area between the rails, all the way to the "step" at the outside wall. Once in there you'll see what I mean. I wouldn't recommend putting anything outside the rails or something could catch on the uprights supporting the frame. Again, once in there you'll see it.

We store our offseason clothing in the lower area. We use space bags both to minimize space and to protect the clothing in event of a hydraulic leak.

The black box in the picture is not required. It covers the hydraulic cylinder and was given to me by Ozz. Ignore the shoes outside the rails. They got moved when I saw they were catching on the frame.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
TheRanch
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6226
Wow, thanks all couple of things I did not think off! Gonna go check em out right now!!! Let y,all know if I found anything!!! Thanks again Roy