Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > What's cooking?
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
ALAN
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4279
Kitchen items you carry

I thought I saw a subject on this forum about the items carried in your kitchen. My wife and a friend who just bought a new trailer are both interested in this subject. If a list exist in another forum, please advise.

Thanks,

Alan & Kathy

ALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Welcome to the club Alan & Kathy. There was a similiar type discussion a while back on this topic. Here is the link. http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=28430 If you have any other questions or ideas, holler!
Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
Ms McGyver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8531
One thing we carry that most don't is a soda making machine. Since we carry bottled water (2.5 gal) it's easy to make our own soda as needed. No more lugging all those bottles around. Check out the machine and supplies at www.sodaclub.com.

We found out about it through an e-mail ad (e-ad?) and have loved having inexpensive ($0.58/2 ltr) soda. We use the machine's bottles repeatedly so there's no landfill requirement either. It tastes great, fits my dietary needs, is eco AND wallet friendly. I couldn't want more than that.

NO, I don't work for the company. . .I just love the product!
Ms McGyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:27 AM   #4
Montana Martins
Established Member

M.O.C. #6769
We have lists for everything we carry in the rig as well as closing up the house, hitching up and unhitching when we get to our destination. Would be more than willing to share them with the new RVr's. Can email as attachment.
Montana Martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 03:44 AM   #5
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Pretty much "everything but the kitchen sink".
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:14 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I would suggest put every kitchen utensil, pot, pan, etc that you use in the stick housein the trailer. Once you have spent sufficient time on the road you will find out just what you don't need.

Sure as you use someone else's list you will find you left something behind. No 2 people prepare or make their meals the same way and therefore it is doubtful that they will use the same items that you would use.

Starting out as full timers 5 years ago we had no real idea of what to take or not take. In the past 5 years we have subtracted some items and at the same time added some.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:31 PM   #7
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Yep... I feel about the same way. Put in there whatever you think you need and you'll do just fine. Keep a pad of paper & a pen handy in the Montana and while traveling jot down things you find that you still need and go buy them at the next Dollar Store you see. They also carry some great little baskets that fit in bathroom vanities, cabinets and drawers to keep things organized while on the road.

The two most important things in OUR kitchen? The coffeemaker and the long fire starter that I use for lighting the pilot light on the oven. Well, maybe the paper plates...*grin

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote