Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
The counter top is finally here.

Well I just got off the phone with the dealer and the rig is in the shop and the counter top arrived about 2 hours ago. I told the service manager to check the counter very closely and if anything is wrong with it then don't bother installing it, we will set up for that to be done in Goshen before, during, or after the rally. We have waited for this and the rig has been at the dealer since 3 June. Enough is enough. The other repairs are underway and one way or another we get the rig back by the 24th. Woo Hoo!! Dave and Betsy

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
msieger
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7838
Dave,
What are they replacing the counter top with? I just noticed mine is cracking around the drain. First big trip and it broke. What am I up against?

Mike
msieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Check with the manufacturer of the counter top, if you are out of warranty. If not then contact your dealer and also notify Keystone. The dealer will have to order another top. When it comes in it is slated as a 24 hour job. they have to pull down the overhead cabinet assembly, then the small cabinet against the wall. Then they have to pull the plumbing for the sink and disconnect the top from the lower cabinet. Then they can haul the old one out. After that is all done they just do it all in reverse. The 24 hour figure was from the CW warranty rep in Savannah. That works out to three 8 hr days. I sure hope the new one isn't cracked too because I really don't want to have to play that game at the rally. As to what they are replacing it with, they say they are putting the same kind back in as they took out. I was secretly hoping they would do Corion since they gave us our Big Sky two weeks before the new Anniversary units showed up. Needless to say I was a bit pissed, but you run into the same thing buying a computer, by the time you get it the next edition is already on the line... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote