Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2005, 01:00 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Elite Resorts at Salt Springs

Will be at Elite Resorts at Salt Springs until Saturday the 7th. If anyone's in the area stop in for a visit. We already have a number of MOCers. badd-axx, wa4bmg and another but I already forgot his name.

This is a beautiful campground with lots on amenities which include free cable TV and FREE WIRELESS. The Wireless was added/upgraded just this past week and it works great. I had a choice of 4 different antennas. The wireless is all brand new so I am not sure if it will remain Free.

It is also a PassPort America campground. Regular $32.00 a night with PPA it's only $16.00 a night. We will be here 6 nights and with our $44.00 dollar yearly PPA membership we will save $96 bucks.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:54 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Wow, glad to hear it's a Passport America campground. We'll be there in January as long as they don't sell all the lots. They're going from a campground to a resort with all the lots sold. Hope it doesn't happen before our planned visit. We drove through it last month and it looked really nice. Enjoy your visit!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:38 PM   #3
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
We are glad to have Glenn and Loraine for neigbors for a week or so. It is true Elite is selling lots and have been for some time. We are in fact an owner here at Elite. (site 383).
We are trying to get some accuate update information but the rumor mill has it that one section will not be sold and kept for for regular campground use. There has been and continues to be major renovations to the resort and it is in very good condition. There are a lot of Montana's in here. The new wireless system as Glenn stated is working great. I have heard of no plans to charge for it so far. On another note , cell phone coverage here is spotty and depending on your provider , non existent all together.
Sprint, and Verizon seem ok and in cases Cingular works. Nextel is very spotty. Hope this helps
wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 12:16 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks for that big of encouraging news, John and Nancy. My sister-in-law has a reservation for one of the cabins for the month of January, so we're hoping that there will be a spot for us. They're coming from Iowa and it will be the first time we've vacationed together for such a long time. It really is a nice facility. I hope that rumor about keeping some sites open holds true.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:26 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Judy,
Knowing how the Snowbirds flock to Florida in January and February I would not wait too long to make that reservation. I don't know about this campground but most every Florida campground worth staying at fills up fast.

Didn't take an exact count but there has to be at least 6 or 8 Montanas or Mountaineers in here. There would be one more but someone just traded theirs for a [s]Cardinal[/s] Sunnybrook.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:20 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Glenn, we tried to make a reservation last February when we reserved the cabin. They wouldn't take it until November since they didn't know if they were going to sell out the resort. We'd love to make a reservation whenever or as soon as possible. If you find a little free time and could ask someone and let us know, we'd be grateful. If we don't get a spot, we'll have to stay somewhere down the road, maybe at the COE, but we'd love to stay in Elite Resort since our family members are traveling so far to vacation with us. TIA, Judy
Old 05-03-2005, 01:50 PM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Judy, I will try to get you that info tomorrow. That is if my memory is working tomorrow.

An update on Montana/Mountaineer count---
9 Montanas
2 Mountaineers
I will endeavor to get my MOC cards passed out to each one.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:13 PM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, Glenn, for your help. I do want to get our reservation secured as soon as possible. Hope you're enjoying your stay there.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:59 AM   #9
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Glenn, after reading your tread, I notice that we were near each other in Ocala. I was staying at the Coby Woods resort in Silver Spring, Fl. I stoped in at the Silver Springs National Forest and it has great camp sites. I will be making rev. for Elite soon.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 11:51 AM   #10
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Judy and Wendell, I was unable to get the information on making reservations at Elite but I did find that a large number of the site owners rent out their sites when they are not using them. A lot of these sites are available even though the Elite owned sites are full. I have the name of an individual, also an MOCer, who is putting together a list of these owners and will be building a web site just for them. You can contact him directly using his email or PM available thru his profile. His UserName is BlackLab.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:37 PM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, Glen, for your help on this matter. Sure hope we can find a spot for January.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:26 PM   #12
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Thanks Glen,
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote