Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Had to call the Ranger today

Bark, bark, bark, bark. 3 hours of nonstop barking from the two dogs behind us. Went over and no one home. Called the Ranger to intervene. Evidently she knew where the owners were and went and talked to them. Next I see is someone, perhaps a relative, putting the dogs in the car and driving off with them. I don't think the folks realized the dogs were barking so much.

Hated to do that, but I couldn't hear myself think. Hopefully they were understanding, if not, oh well!!!!

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
I like dogs but that can make for some very un-happy campers if you are the one that has to put up with it. I would say that you did the right thing.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by exav8tr

Bark, bark, bark, bark. 3 hours of nonstop barking from the two dogs behind us. Went over and no one home. Called the Ranger to intervene. Evidently she knew where the owners were and went and talked to them. Next I see is someone, perhaps a relative, putting the dogs in the car and driving off with them. I don't think the folks realized the dogs were barking so much.

Hated to do that, but I couldn't hear myself think. Hopefully they were understanding, if not, oh well!!!!
Applause!.........and more APPLAUSE!!!!!!!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I think you did the right thing. Trying to talk to someone can escalate. Even constructive criticism can be met with defensiveness. Letting those with official status handle a situation is usually better.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:54 AM   #5
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I dont even bother with trying to talk to other RV owners about a problem they are causing, they can be Rude and become Jerks. most State Parks and RV Parks tell you to notify the manager or the ranger and they will take care of the problem.
I would not feel the least bit troubled on your good dicision. better for the poor pets less stress for them.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
There has got to be a very inexpensive recording device you can record this, then at night replay it to your neighbors and ask them, "What would you expect someone to do if I kept hearing this?" Naw, never mind, I don't think it would do any good.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Bark -bark last week at the CG but the dog was forgiven. Three black bears decided to get take out from the trash bins. The provincial wildlife trapped the sow and her cubs and hopefully they are on a more natural diet now. That makes four bears so far this year. No need to worry though. Even the bears in Newfoundland are friendly. It's the moose who insist on being speed bumps that cause the trouble.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Phil, we experienced the same thing over the 4th of July holiday. The campers had visitors who tied their big dog outside and then they all left for parts unknown. Luckily they came back just about the time Bob was on the way to the office. I'm sure you have his vote for making the Ranger aware of the problem.

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:51 PM   #9
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
We found as volunteer campground hosts, that the best plan is to notify the person with the authority. When we had any problems, we always notified the park ranger, that always fixed the problem for good.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #10
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I have noticed that most dogs will bark when there owners leave them..if only the owner would just take the dog with them!!! We had one just yesterday that barked nostop b.c of this. Yep it is always best to just tell the host of the park and leave it to them. Rather than have a hassle with the camper next to you.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
The first time we traveled with our three dogs, we left them in the trailer after talking to the campground owners and giving them our cell phone numbers so they could call us if the dogs started barking. When we came back a few hours later, the person left in charge met us at our trailer and told us if we left our alone dogs again, we would have to leave the park.

Apparently the owners never passed our numbers on to the hired help. I was kind of ticked off. Oh well, we don't leave them alone anymore.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #12
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
That's a bunch of BS. Not all campgrounds are like that. Isn't that why they sell signs at CW that say "dog inside", in the event of an emergency, one knows to save it?

If you have quiet dogs, then it's okay. I would prefer to leave my dog in the RV with the air conditioning on if DW and I go to a restaurant because they aren't allowed in restaurants and the car can get too hot with the windows up and the dog will be stolen if the windows are down.

I guess it's good to check CG policies. They have been known to differ.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote