Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
stress test

Hey everyone-Well, as some of you know, I was supposed to have my stress test last Tuesday. I got there, and I had taken my meds that morning as I always do. One of the meds (for blood pressure) is a beta blocker, whatever that is. I just know that it keeps my BP down. So, they would not have been able to get a true reading of what my heart was doing. So, the test was moved to next Tuesday.
I had called the day before to find out what I needed to do or not to do and was told nothing.
On a more positive note, I talked to my son tonight. His girlfriend is going into the Doc on Monday and will probably be induced, so I will probably be a grandma for the first time next week!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!
I will keep you all posted,
Betsy

labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Woo Hoo!!! You go Granny!
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Betsy,

Congrats on the future Granny title.

I have a hard time getting my heart rate up at Curves when I work out because of the Beta blocker that I take. I am not really sure how it all works, but it keeps your blood pressure down when you are exercising. Thus, if you did a stress test taking the medicine you wouldn't get a true reading. Guess that is why we have to fast before a blood test.

Here is hoping that you get good results on everything.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:16 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
WAHHOOOO, Gramma!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:25 AM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Granny! That's a stress test in itself.
Congratulations, and get well soon.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
Hi everyone-I had my stress test today and it wasn't normal. I couldn't even complete it before I got dizzy and felt like I was going to throw up. At first, the doctor was kind of snotty and made a comment about people being out of shape until my heart didn't settle down even after I had been laying down for awhile. He thinks I have some kind of blockage which would explain why I've been so exhausted for so long. Exhaustion is becoming a way of life as are huge bags under my eyes. Anyway, I will be seeing a Cardiologist tomorrow morning. I will let all of you know as soon as I know.
We were scheduled to leave for my Mom's tomorrow for 5 days and then to my son's so I could be a granny for awhile before heading for Tennessee. In fact, we are all packed, so we have to run out to the fifth wheel every time we need something. The only things we hadn't packed were the refrigerator, the recliner and the mattress. I was so proud of us as we were so ahead of schedule. Usually, we are still packing at 10:00 p.m. the night before we leave and are wiped out for the next day's drive. We are really ready this time.
Hopefully, this will explain the two strokes as no one has been able to explain them. That would be nice and hopefully, this will be an easy fix or just fixable.
Betsy
labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:30 AM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Betsy,
Get well and travel.

Prayers are with you.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:24 AM   #8
Snowhawk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5774
Send a message via Yahoo to Snowhawk
Betsy... I hope you are doing better. Blockages are nasty things... but hopefully they'll get it all under control quickly and as painlessly as possible. Congrats (again) grandma! Keep us posted, ok? please?
Snowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote