Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
mustang92
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6132
Swivel Rocker

Setting up the Monty, moved the chairs from their travel position, and several ball bearings had come out of the swivel mechanism. We can get them back in, but they continue to come out. Anyone else had this problem and how to fix it? Also, does anyone know what kind of warranty the chairs have? I don't have any mfgr info on the chairs.

mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
I have not had a problem with mine. I added casters to move around easier. As for the swival, if you can replace the bearings, can you tighten down the two plates? If you can't tighten or bend the swival, then you can probably get a replacement swival at a local furniture store or go online to Flex-Steel.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:04 AM   #3
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
our recliners in our 07 3400 were made by Flair in Elkhart In. Haven't had the same problem as you describe but did have to send one back because the base plate was bent and rubbing. I believe they are only warratied for 1 year but I would contact them and see, maybe the swivel mechanism carries a longer warranty.
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote