Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2008, 02:59 AM   #1
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
low kitchen water pressue

Only the kitchen sink, for both hot and for cold water, has reduced water pressure. The full bathroom water pressure is normal.

We moved the trailer 250 miles yesterday and the problem was immediately notice at the new campsite.

A quick look under the sink and in the basement showed no wet areas (thank goodness) and no twisted or kinked lines. It was only a look at the easily visible lines.

Where should I look?

Gene

genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:42 AM   #2
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
My wife fixed it.

It was the "aireator" on the end of the faucet. She took it off, took it apart, and played with it until it works perfectly.

What a great wife I have.

Gene

Old 09-29-2008, 04:21 AM   #3
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
Opps. Problem is back. Perhaps the local campground water pressure. I'll post whatever I find out. Let me know suggestions.

My wife is still great, however!
Old 09-29-2008, 04:55 AM   #4
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
GO TO "TWO QUESTION" in the general discussion thread...as well read the posts in this forum.
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #5
EJH
Established Member

M.O.C. #7737
Remove the TWO (2) flow restrictors , one in the faucet head and one in the extension line (pull out faucet). Flow will increase.

ejh
EJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #6
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We started to have low water pressure and low volume about 4 months ago. Checked everything. It was all faucets, some worse than others. We just found what the problem was last week. Don took the check valve out of the city water fill place. When he removed the screen it was filled with junk, water minerals. Water pressure and volume is great now!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:41 AM   #7
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
Thanks for all the suggestions and the reference to the other thread. I am learning a lot about my plumbing. I have visually inspected and laid hands upon all I could reach.

Since my problem is both hot and cold, I assume it is not the water heater check value. By early 2006 model doesn't have a kitchen sink sprayer, nor an unused line that could be used for one, that I can see.

I had decided it must be in the fawcet until the posts that indicated intermitent problems that can very from fixture to fixture which leads to the city water intake value.

We did the easy thing first. We took off the aireator again, and disassembled it again. The water flow seems good without the aireator. Reinstalled aireator and kitchen sink is fine now.

I am making some notes about all these suggestions to refer to when the next issue comes or this fix un-fixes itself!

Again, thanks to all.
Gene