Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2008, 02:24 AM   #1
av2pilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6348
Send a message via AIM to av2pilot
Almost Uneventful Trip to CO....Flat Tire

Hey guys...well the trip to Colorado from Florida with the swivel wheel was going GREAT until west of Goodland Kansas when a passerby waved frantically at us! I was sure I was dragging the swivel wheel, but when I pulled over and stopped I found that the left back tire of the Montana was flat...hadn't torn apart yet though! I was on the phone with GoodSam (..on hold) when a truck pulled up on the railroad track beside us and a very nice gentleman asked if I wanted to do it with him. I said sure since I had yet to talk to anyone from GoodSam and 15 minutes later we were on the road. When we got to the Fam Camp at USAFA I found that the front left had a big bulge in it too!!! The one that went flat has part of the steel belt poking out and I suspect the same of the other. Can I get some relief from Keystone on these tires???

av2pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:09 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Harry,
Are they the Mission Tires?? If so take photographs, get DOT codes from tires and call 1-800-937-9433. Good luck!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:20 AM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
av2pilot, sorry for the tire problem but its not uncommon. After you get the tire problem fixed, get you a Pressure Pro System. I highly recomend you at the least get in touch with Mike and Pat Mcfall they are very professional and HONEST. You can visit their site at: www.PressureProSystem.com Good Luck. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Delaine and Lindy

av2pilot, sorry for the tire problem but its not uncommon. After you get the tire problem fixed, get you a Pressure Pro System. I highly recomend you at the least get in touch with Mike and Pat Mcfall they are very professional and HONEST. You can visit their site at: www.PressureProSystem.com Good Luck. GBY....
Thanks for the kind words Delaine & Lindy. We will be happy to answer questions for anyone regarding the PressurePro System. Our phone number is 850-294-0281.

Safe Travels,

Pat (and Mike)
PatMcFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
As stated above, if they are Missions call the number above and explain what happened. They will send a UPS truck out to pick them up. I did not have a flat or blowout, but I did find a bulge on one. I replaced the 4 on the ground with Michelins. Called the number and they had UPS pick the Missions up. Have not heard back yet on the resolution. Time to call them again I guess.
Hopefully you still have the bad tires. If not, I am not sure what they will do.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 05:37 AM   #6
av2pilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6348
Thanks for all the info! I love this site! As soon as the Parent's Weekend activities end I'll be getting ahold of the Tireco folks and getting new rubber on the Montana. I'm also going to have a pressure system when I head back to Florida!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:10 AM   #7
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
Hi Harry,

When are you leaving Colorado? Hope you enjoy the peace of mind the PressurePro gives you on your trip back to Florida. Let us know if you have any questions? We're available 7 days a week.

BTW, I just shipped another PressurePro System to a lady who's staying at the FAMCAMP there. She should receive it today or tomorrow. She was recommended by another customer of ours that's staying there, too. That's a coincidence.

Safe Travels,

Pat and Mike
Old 09-24-2008, 03:43 AM   #8
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Well now thats what I mean by service. Mike and Pat will be there for you! Thanks.. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:53 AM   #9
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
Thanks again DeLaine and Lindy!!!! Saw your Texas pictures.....NICE!!!

Safe Travels..............Pat and Mike
Old 09-24-2008, 09:28 AM   #10
av2pilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6348
Pat, Got the repeater and installed it yesterday! I left a message about having it "on" all the time since I hot wired it under the kitchen cabinet. Thanks again and I look forward to not needing it!
Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 AM   #11
PatMcFall
Established Member

M.O.C. #7943
Hi Harry,

Glad to hear everything is installed and working. We are at a Teton Rally in Rapid City, SD right now so things have been pretty hectic around here. We've sold out of our Truck/5th Wheel Systems and our ECHO Repeaters and need to order more....but that's a GOOD THING!!! I don't think I got the message about leaving the Repeater on all the time but it's fine to leave it plugged in. The same goes for your Monitor. They use very little power. If you store your RV for several months, you can just unplug them from the USB plug until you are ready to use the PP system again. I will try to give you a call later to make sure your questions have been answered.

Thanks again and safe travels.............Pat
Old 09-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #12
av2pilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6348
Sounds like fun! We leave Colorado Springs after the Navy game on the 4th of October.