Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2009, 03:29 AM   #1
iowawanderer
Established Member

M.O.C. #9047
Forum newbie

Hey everyone! Iowa just came out the deep freeze. Boy! never knew single digits could feel so warm. We have great county campgrounds here in which we can camp fulltime between April to October. Bought our 2007 3000rk in March of 07. Can't wait to go CAMPING! Read my Bio. Talk to you later. Tom. P.S. Icefishing has been real good.

iowawanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:38 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Welcome to the Forum Tom and Welcome to the Wonderful-World-of-Waiters! I'm making reservations for camping and fun, but none of it starts till May, even though it's almost 60 here right now.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:14 AM   #3
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Welcome, Tom! Great forum w/wonderful and very knowledgable people.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Hi, Tom, and welcome to the forum. Ice fishing is EXCELLENT here, too; I've been watching it from my front deck for a couple of weeks now. My son called cast night and said he wasn't feeling well. I asked what was wrong. He said his arm was really bothering him. I asked what happened to it. He said, "Well, I think it's from pulling in all those rainbows and ling all day." Braggart. He dropped by to show us photos of what he'd caught and released--WOW!

If you get bored with the ice in Iowa, we have a lot of it here, and with the appropriate below zero temps, too!

Again, welcome to MOC. Great friends, great advice, great conversation!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
iowawanderer
Established Member

M.O.C. #9047
Thanks Carolyn. RAINBOW! My mouth is water'in. OFF YOUR DECK? Wow! Been catching a few Walleyes though, I bet it's nice where you live.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
iowaone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8421
Welcome fellow Iowan. Yes much warmer but still very cold. We have receved 44 inches of snow so far here in Dubuque. Nearly 20 inches more than last year by this time and last year was a record in Dubuque for total snow fall in one season. You will find this to be a great forum I learn new stuff every day and certainly am entertained all the time. Great people with fine attitude and careing for each other.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
iowawanderer
Established Member

M.O.C. #9047
iowaone, yes you have got alot of snow. I think Cedar Rapids is at 28 inches so far. I'm tired of the ice, last year the ice was worse.Ice is for Augers!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
welcome to the form as a past wisconsin person from green bay , we had lots of snow but now we live in fl for 8 months of the year and travel the rest ,, hope we can see you in mackanaw, mi in late july for a rally and late sept in goshen, in for the big rally ,,,, sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
itaves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8637
Welcome to the forum and glad to hear from you.

I have family that lives in Monticello, IA...so not too far from you. Hope you don't have the flooding problems this spring! We are impatiently waiting for spring and temps above freezing! So sick of all the snow!
itaves is offline   Reply With Quote