Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #1
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Thank you Keystone!!

I want to thank everyone at Keystone for their superior customer service!!! My coach is currently sitting over at their service center in Goshen, having 3 problems corrected.

Today I showed up at the service center without an appointment. As some of you may know, I have been having problems with my bedroom slide over the past two years. My dealership has worked on this problem, and has not been able to come up with a solution. I had been in contact with Dale from Lippert about having the slide inspected at his facility. Dale and the rest of the great folks at Lippert were willing to address the slide issue and come up with a possible solution. After arriving at Lippert, I talked with Dale and his mechanics about the problem. They were able to locate the source of the problem and came up with a solution they felt would correct it. After 2 hours of work, they were unable to fix the problem. They advised me to contact Keystone and see what they recommend.

After thanking all the folks at Lippert, I decided to head directly to Keystone's customer service center. Once there, I was greeted by Darrell. During my explanation of my bedroom slide problem, Darrell and I went out to the coach to take a look. After looking and listening to the problem, he went to work! He explained what was wrong, and the steps they were going to take in correcting it. My bedroom slide is going to get an entire tear out and rebuild, including replacing all the seals and updating some of the hardware used in this slide. Darrell proceeded to ask if I was having any other problems with my coach. Today a new problem surfaced that I have never experienced before. Rain water from the tire spray had somehow worked its way into my kitchen. Today is the second day I have ever towed in the rain, and the first time I have been inside the coach on the same day. Had I not been in the coach for the bedroom slide issue, I would not have come across this problem. Darrell got this issue written up on my work order as well. The final issue is my battery. It does not seem to hold a charge more than 6 days. The mechanics are going to check out the battery and charging system while they have the coach.

Remember, I came to Keystone today without an appointment. Darrell was able to work my coach into the schedule this week and expects to have all repairs done by Thursday evening or Friday morning. I know that my coming unannounced will create additional work for the service department. That has not gone unnoticed! I was offered free camping at the service center while the repairs are being done, but decided I would go back to Chicago and leave the campsite for other owners with appointments. I got the coach unhooked and was getting ready to leave. Darrell realized I was somewhat uncomfortable leaving my coach outside in their lot with nobody staying in it over the next few days. He quickly got a maintenance bay cleared and had my coach moved inside until it could be worked on.

I want to thank Darrell and all the folks at Keystone for going above and beyond the call of duty to take care of my coach. It is appreciated more than they know.

I know we are quick to talk about all the negative things that go wrong with our RV's. I felt this story needed to be shared with all of our members. Remember, Keystone cares! I know their will be another Keystone product in my future.

2004 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD CrewCab Duramax
2004 Montana 3400RL
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote