Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Whats the EPA up to?

Well this is where it starts.

Well another great idea from the EPA for California, if you have a wood burning fireplace you cant burn wood on a day that has a high smog worning it could cost you up to 500.00 in a fine, all the new houses manufactured will be of natural gas.
Next will be BB-Q's, and campfires in campgrounds.

I had to get that off my chest.

TT2

Old 03-10-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
If you took all the fruits and flakes out of California, all you would have left is the nuts.

Hate to say it, but everything that happens in CA, usually ends up spreading Eastward.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Albuquerque NM has had similar burn bans for some time -- even went so far several years ago that people who 'still cook' with wood couldn't because of burn bans. When my folks were still alive they got two citations for 'Excessive Watering' - water was 'trickling' down the street curb in both cases while my Dad was hand watering his bushes. First one cost him $250; 2nd one was $500.00 and a 10% penalty on his water bill for the following year. Yet they let Intel water the street and parking lots with their automatic sprinklers there. $$$$$$ speak. Off my rant - sorry -- I just remember that phone call from my Mother who was livid about the cop who wrote the 2nd ticket... I know we have to conserve, and be good stewards of this planet we call home but, come on now, we also have to have reasonable laws and enforcement of those laws. I did say off my rant didn't I...... sorry.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #4
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Wife just reminded me of another Albuquerque EPA rule -- if your vehicle is registered in Bernalillo county (Albuquerque NM for all extend and purposes), you must have your car inspected by an emissions place before getting your annual renewal done. Well, I was stationed in Korea, wife was here in Kansas and they would not renew the plate stickers without the inspections being done. Lady from NM DMV told my wife she could drive each of the vehicles to Albuquerque, get them inspected and then get the plates done (700 miles each way). Wife told her something - all I know is when I got back from Korea the vehicles had Kansas plates and have had such ever since.....
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Burning wood during a high smog day rule is designed to help those that have respiratory problems. Having raised a son with severe asthma I appreciate that some selfless people don't mind the minor inconvenience versus the real suffering of those who are affected by high air pollution days. Then there are others who don't give a d&&m about anybody but themselves. Self evident usually.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote