Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Was that You???
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Join the MOC!!!!

I would like to make a suggestion to those interested in getting more members in the MOC. In the merchandise thread you can obtain the master for the MOC business cards. If everyone (Maybe not everyone), would carry extra cards and when you see a vacant Montana, maybe leave a card near the door AND if you are staying in the park, maybe leave a short note on back about a get together, a mini rally I suppose.

This is what I plan on doing as I truly believe there is strength in numbers.

Phil

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I have been doing this for a couple of years now. I have not left a note on the back as our card has the mission statement on it, but your idea is a good one.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
msmoonsatx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6700
When I was growing up, my parents owned an Avion and belonged to the Avion travel club. Our trailer had our memberbship number on the side of the trailer, and when they went on rallies or caravans, they received a special strip that reflected what event they had attended. I'm not necessarily advocating going that far, but having some kind of identification on the rig could help to show our identity with a special group. Especially since we do not have to pay membership fees like my parents had to do.

msmoonsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
We have our MOC membership number in 6" vinyl letters on the top front and the top rear of our Montana as such: "MOC-49"

We also have license plate frames that say "MOC-49" & MontanaOwners.com", plus we have the MOC bumper stickers.

You can identify us coming and going.....*LOL Not sure how much more the husband will let me do.

And if I am organized and have it updated, I carry a MOC brochure that I designed and hand out or leave on other Montanas when I see them.

I know alot of the members carry MOC business cards they have made up and hand out and also leave on vacant Montanas.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:33 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We have the bumper sticker (with MOC # on it) on our TV and also on the Monty. I made cards without our names for leaving on Montanas when no one is home and I made some with our names, email and cell phone for those we talk to and feel comfortable giving out this information. And if Doug is nice he will bring a license plate frame to the Shasta rally for me.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:25 PM   #6
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Good idea Phil. I have the MOC #s. I just got them late last fall, just haven't put them on yet.(it needs to be warmer outside) I got mine out of Boise, ID print shop for about $35, thanks to recommendation of "SweetFire".

I also printed up some MOC business cards with name, cell # and email address to give to prospective members and empty Monte's.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I kinda figured a lot of you folks are already doing this, Maybe some of the newbies haven't thought of this yet...I am going to drop some of my cards off at my local Montana Dealer to pass out to folks, both looking and buying.......
Old 02-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We also do the cards on other Montanas/Mountaineers in parks we visit. And have bumper stickers on the truck (rear) and the Montana, front and rear. And the license plate frames on the truck. I think it's a good idea to bring the suggestion back to the forefront as you did, Phil.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
We talk to everyone we see who has a Montana or Mountaineer. Most of them have never heard of us. We actually found out about MOC from the Keystone website. There used to be a link to us on the Montana website. We were able to read some of the posts as a guest of MOC and gained a lot of information. It was helpful to us when we bought our unit. It's now gone. I wonder if there were legal reasons for Keystone dropping the link?
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:55 AM   #10
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I have ordered a bunch of MOC wear and things from Doug Henry. Will display them also wherever I go
Old 03-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #11
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We also hand out MOC business cards. Some cards have our email address. Hand them out and leave on Monty's when no one home. Also have the licenses plate frames and Moc stickers.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:40 AM   #12
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
Golly,,,, I wish I would have had some cards made up as most of you folks have. We purchased our Montana at the end of the season last year. I was visiting a friend of mine who has a camper dealership in Decorah, Iowa (not Montana) and I was trying to get him to become a Montana dealer as the closest one in IA is 120 miles. I love our Monte and he really likes it also. Soooooo much better than what he sells....JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote