Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #21
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Rather than trying to dupe everything onto CDs/DVDs we got a couple Pexagon 250 gig drives and scanned any papers we don't have in the crash bag to one of the drives. As I said in the other post we have Ghosted both computers to the drives and will do updates either monthly or weekly. We keep one drive in the truck and one in the crash bag. We got that tool bag from Agri-Supply here in Statesboro, Ga. and it has plenty of room for the papers, drives, meds and drives as well one set of clothes for each of us. Still shifting stuff around trying different arrangements of stuff to see what works and what doesn't. I think this will be an on going job for awhile... Dave and Betsy P.S. here is the link for the drives http://www.pexagontech.com/products/portable-drives.php

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:46 AM   #22
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
I have a 120 gigabyte Seagate stand-alone hard drive that has a full backup (that I put on it originally) and which gets updated automatically at 2 AM every day with any files that changed since the previous day's update.
I can grab it (just pulling it away to disconnect the power plug and CPU cable), and be out the door wasting only about 5 seconds during our exiting.
This way I have a duplicate of my hard drive available every day.
Just another way to be secure.
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:42 PM   #23
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
I back up to an external hard drive and archive to CDs or DVDs.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #24
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I just open the cover on the PC and pull both hard drives out. Take them and the external one with me. I can always put them in another computer should something happen to the one at the stick house.

For the iMac I have a 500Gb that the iMac backs up to whenever there is a change. It is the new MAC OS X Leopard Time Machine backup system. Works great.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote