Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Monty has a perfect record for over 2 years !!

Wow, we've had our 2980RL for 30 months now, where did all the time go?
After working out all the bugs (maybe half a dozen) in the first 6 months, the worst being a wire short in a brake drum & a cracked water line going from the back to the front of the trailer. Which both were pretty easy to fix on our own, we have gone over 2 years now without having to fix a single thing.
Good on you, Keystone !!

We've been out for one night stands to being away for close to 2 1/2 months. From camping in the snow to sitting in the desert. Does every thing work perfectly ? ..... of course not, not too many things in life do. But everything works satisfactorily . Oven may not work as good as the $2000.00 one at home but the wife can still cook a mean turkey in it on Thanksgiving.... The AC might freeze up every once in a while (cause I didn't make the right setting) but it still keeps the trailer cool when neccesary (and we still use the old remote control system).The furnace still keeps us warm, & the roof keeps us dry.

All in all I'd say we've made a great purchase. And not having to spend any money fixing anything for the last 2 years......Priceless.

Oh yeh, still running Misson tires..... but they do look 1/2 worn out now

This is our 6th or 7th RV and we've had a blast with it. And yes, We would buy another one.

For all it's worth.
J&D

JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Well Congrats on the great rig John,
I hope we have the same blessings you have had. We are going on 3 months with no major issues - save a few frozen lines and drain valves. However, I think that had more to do with -20 degrees than Keystone !
Bernie
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:19 AM   #3
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
John, glad you made it home ok. Enjoyed crossing your path. Heres to many more camping trips in our Montanas.
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:03 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
John,
It is so nice to hear the positive side of things.

Thanks
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:10 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Hey, hey, thanks for the report and positive prospective on your part. Sounds like you have a great RVing prospective and expectation. I hear the enjoyment in your post.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:39 AM   #6
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
J & D; We are in the same boat. No repairs-two years in May. We have only had one little issue at the very beginning and that was a loose wire connection in that huge cord. Tightened that up and and it's been smooth sailing, tho I'm almost afraid to say that. Still on the Mission's too. Pulled our Mountaineer over 8000 miles in the two years. Kudos to Keystone.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #7
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
J & D,

I hope we have a similar experience that you all have had with our unit. As we have a tendancy towards being "the glass is half full" kind of people and DIYers as well I imagine we'll be okay absent catestrophic failures (like the infamous black water tank).

Great news for first time Montana owners!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Good news John!

With us, I had to do more maintenance and repairs on myself than on the Monty last year, so thumbs up to Keystone.

We did have some major warranty work, but I was able to stay on top of the minor things given info learned from the MOC. Unlike with the last unit, this one never left us using vacation time for repairs.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #9
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
We haven't hit the 30-month mark yet. However, we've been living in our new (in August) 3585SA for 8 months now with no major issues other than frozen water lines a couple of times. However, we also are living in a wind tunnel where the winter temperatures reach -30 to -40 fairly regularly for 2 or 3 months. Even with a skirt and heaters underneath, we still had that problem, but I think that expecting any RV to handle those conditions is a bit unrealistic. Also, we almost always had water until temperatures approached -20 degrees, so Keystone has done something right with their new Arctic package. We also had the good fortune to buy at a great dealership and from a salesman who had unending patience with us. Every tiny thing that's needed attention (very few things) was repaired or adjusted in a timely manner. Once we move into the house and start traveling with our rig, things may be different. Even so, we feel confident that our dealer will continue to offer the same quick, friendly service.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote