Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
rboseley

M.O.C. #10658
Bedroom TV

Have a new 2010 Montana which we love. Best floor-plan in the industry - for us.

One gripe, which so far has me stumped. There is a 12V TV in the bedroom - rigged so that it may be taken outside. Currently it is hooked up to the antenna. Orange coax.

In the closet there are four female jacks. One labeled Cable and three labeled satellite. There is a very short coax jumping from the “cable” to one of the satellite jacks.

I have tried going direct from each of these jacks directly into the TV. Each time I set it for cable and it says “run auto-program”. After apparently identifying some 100 stations, the “Please Run Auto-program” popup reappears. No signal.

OK. In the outside bay where the cable wire comes in, there are three jacks. One cable and two satellite. Obviously when setting up the front 40” set, I plugged into cable. Nothing. Dropped down one to satellite. Bingo - the front set works perfectly. I have full HD, so I have a cable box for the front set.

What I am looking for is basic cable in the bedroom - as we had in our previous unit.

All the cable company says is they would have to install a separate line. That would leave a problem as to where to bring the line inside. Recall that none of the other inlets appear to have any route to the rear TV. I could use a splitter, but it would have no effect since only one of those 3 jacks seems to be live.

So, does anyone have a suggestion? I just don’t want to lead a coax through a window.

rboseley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Here is the schematic for the 2010 TV wiring. Hopefully this will help you understand how it is put together.

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/timandsusan/Montana%20Schematic/?action=view&current=Montana_-_20105_MONTANA_BIG_SKY_SAT.jpg

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote