Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-23-2007, 02:50 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
** First Time Out **

Ok; we got back from our first voyage in our Montana on Tuesday. The first two nights were spent in a nice park in Fallsburg, KY. When we got loaded up to leave everything seemed just fine until we started to pull out on level ground and then my wife seen it; I got out and looked also and we seen water coming out from underneath the belly pan under the holding tanks area.

There has not been any kind of fresh water leak that we have found. The grey water holding tank under the bathroom indicated about 2/3 full. The black water holding tank indicated about the same. What we seen looked like grey water to me and it just started after moving a few feet. There wasn’t anything leaking until after we moved.

Is there any kind of an overflow or should I start looking for a leak in the waste water lines or a leak associated with the holding tanks?

I didn't see any more water coming out after another two nights stay at another location. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Old 05-23-2007, 04:22 PM   #2
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
I can't for the life of me think of any overflows that might be leaking. I would drop the belly panels in the tnak area and look for possible cracks in a gray tank that might show up when the tank is nearly full. I suppose it could leak around a vent pipe which shold be located at the top of the tank.

I had a leak this past weekend when my tank flusher (Tornado) hose blew off the connector at the tank. Clean water !!! I had to remove a couple of panels so that I could put the hose back on and make sure I got the clamp tight this time.

Anyway, I hope you find the source of the leak.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Up-Date

I've talked to the dealer where I purchased the Montana and took the fith wheel to them to look at it. They could not find a leak but did inform me that if the tank is overfilled that it would then leak around a coupling made of rubber abouve the tank. They stated this would happen even if new couplings were installed. Evidently this is what happened because the galley tank level didn't show anything on the indicator as to how full it was. When I moved it that is when it leaked and ran out of the bottom. They fixed the level indicator; it was only a few loose wires.

I'm also having them install a gate valve near the exit on the drain line. Both times when I took off the cap water gushed out of it. Not the best of situation to be in. At least it was only grey water.

I did forget to close the gate valve on the galley the second place we camped and when I moved after two days of camping I didn't get any water leaks then. I believe this is where the original leak came from.

With the extra gate vales at the end where I connect the sewer hose I can leave the galley tank open. The galley tank gate valve was all the way back near where the tank is located. They line to where it dumps is a lot of volume and usually the dumping valves are at that location on most of the RV's I've seen. This should give us a lot more storage for grey water.

On another issue concerning the hot water heater, where the lining was bad; they agreed that it was bad and are replacing water heater. They have been a very good dealer to work with so far.