Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #1
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Revived the 5er

Well, I de-winterized the 'ol girl today. She got rid of the awful anti-freeze slick as a whistle, fill my hydraulic fluid for the slides (marked the resevoir for future reference, open and closed), topped off the air pressure in the tires, sanitized my fresh water tank, got a new anode rod for the water heater (boy did she like that) and made an appointment to get the wheel bearings packed, check the brake wiring for fraying while checking the brakes and fix my curbside door. It won't shut corrctly and I can't get the hinge figured out to make it work. Going to head out 3 Mar for three or four days...can hardly wait. Sorry, but looking forward to it. Have a great day!

MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Mike, I know what you mean. I've been out working on our Monte for the last few days. It got up to 57 here today. Really nice to see the sun again.

Where are you guys going in March? We are going to Branson in May. Might try to sneak a short trip in before that if we can.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Yahoo! Spring time is in the air... Have a safe trip!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:36 AM   #4
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Today will be the first day above freezing here for 30 some odd days. After the race, I may shovel a path out to the trailer. Cabin fever running very high, need a pick-me-up. Karen looked at the weather forcast for next week and yelled,"ROAD TRIP!" Sounds good to me.
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:17 AM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Wow, that must feel good Mike

Thought I would take advantage of our weekend in the 50's and at least take the plastic off the carpet, but snow again tomorrow.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:53 AM   #6
GlobalDouglas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6376
Very exciting! I envy those getting a taste of Spring.....I'll be there too one day! Enjoy the "work" getting Monty ready!!
GlobalDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Wahh...can't think about it yet...still too far off to get excited.

Good for you though, enjoy getting out!
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #8
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
me either, we have quite some time to wait.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Se ya on the road, Mike.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #10
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Oh I am jealous! Wish we were going someplace. We are expecting snow tomorrow. Hope none of it sticks to ground. We still have enough left over. It has been so cold here we can't do anything to our Monty.

Have a safe trip and enjoy.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:31 PM   #11
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Some people just have to rub it in. We won't see warm enough temps here for at least a month yet. Still got a 4' drift in front of the storage door. SAndreasen (Steve and Sharon) are down in AZ and called to ask what the weather is like back here in Iowa. Today was the first day above freezing here for quite some time also. We have plenty of melting to go before the Monty will see the light of day.

Sorry to rant, you can tell I'm very jealous. But hope you enjoy the early camping.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #12
MAMalody
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5972
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DONnANNIE

Mike, I know what you mean. I've been out working on our Monte for the last few days. It got up to 57 here today. Really nice to see the sun again.

Where are you guys going in March? We are going to Branson in May. Might try to sneak a short trip in before that if we can.
I'm heading to Vancouver. I'll leave Sunday around 2PM and get back Thursday about supper time. I've got to admit, I can hardly wait to hook up and had out.
MAMalody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:32 AM   #13
Wandering Star
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #50

While reading your post, look out the window, down in the field and there sat Monty buried in ice and snow. It's 7 degrees outside and windy as could be. Can't wait to experience that spring feeling!!!!

Enjoy the re-birth and safe travels.

Jon
Wandering Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:48 AM   #14
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Got a taste of spring Saturday - middle 50's. Yesterday though it was cold again and spitting snow - just flurries. Monty not scheduled to leave the yard until April, but if the weather warms up enough in March we might sneak a weekend away. I feel for those of you still experiencing ugly weather. Last year at this time we had 4'+ still on the ground and cooooooooold.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #15
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Our temps hit 40 yesterday and 50 today!! Snow is almost melted. Spring fever is getting to be a serious affliction! We've started scouting some local parks for some quick weekend get-a-ways as soon as the temps look like they're going to stay above freezing. Too early to de-winterize here yet.
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:55 AM   #16
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We just returned from a three day camping trip. It was below freezing at night but not too bad during the day. We're supposed to see 70* on Thursday. Maybe spring is finally arriving as we have been below normal most of the winter. March 1st many of the local campgrounds will open. We're ready!!!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:41 AM   #17
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Remindes me of why we left North Dakota (Belcourt) and also why 50 is to cold now... only 74 out today, hope it warms up.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #18
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Hope you all can hit the highway soon, I remember the cabin fever days when I was still working. Starting to warm up in Alabama this week, so will not have to grill when it is 50. Life is hard on the road, but will be better when the highway fills up with all of your Montanas.

bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #19
Connorsmom
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6592
Yep, I'm definitely ready for spring fever and a vacation!! Oh yea....ummmm, just got back from a vacation. Well, I need another one!! The private CG I'm a seasonal at opens the second week of April. I'm hoping it's not too wet up there for me to get the Monty onto my site. I have to figure out how it's going to fit with my deck due to having an extra slideout on the "front" side of this trailer. My SOB TT had two slideouts, but both were on the "back" side. I may have to dismantle the railing on one end of my deck. Whatever it takes I guess...But I'm more than ready to work on my "to-do" list than continue making it.

Jan
Connorsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #20
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Friends called us tonight to get us to camp this weekend. We had to tell them no as we will be going through 27 years of stored junk in this house. It is time to have the biggest garage sale ever seen. We are set to close (sell) on our home and our business on April 2nd. We have to work an additional month with the new owners, then we will be FREE YIPEE. Our Texas weather is getting warmer each day so come on down for a visit.

Glad that you are getting to get your Monty read for travel. We need to take ours back to the dealership and have them look at our slide problem and have an additional AC unit put in the bedroom.

Happy camping to you!

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote