Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Hide-A-Bed Mattress---AGAIN

I know a lot of you have replaced your hide-a-bed mattresses and I'm finally going to stop procrastinating and replace ours. I know the key is to get one with springs instead of foam. I've stopped at our local mattress store and they didn't have one that would fit, but could order me one for approximately $350. Well, I didn't like the price and I'm not sure they would take it back if it didn't fit.

FireTruckerWife I saved the post you made about replacing yours. Are you still satisfied with it and how is it holding up? We have a adult daughter that travels with us when we take longer trips so it would be getting used quite often.

I would appreciate any comments from those of you that replaced the mattress and how you like yours.

Sharon

tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:20 PM   #2
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Yes, still satisfied with it, although we have added a regular mattress pad to cushion the springs. It was a VERY inexpensive mattress, and would be worth replacing many times before every coming up to that 350 price tag, but I don't think you'll wear it out, and my point is there is not a lot of padding on the mattress itself.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:49 AM   #3
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Sharon (tbhd) I will be following this thread to see what you end up getting. You have the same unit as us and also have a third adult (same as us) that travels extensively with you. Our son Mark also uses the sofa but we haven't found it needs replacing yet. In case the thread runs out when you get your new mattress would you drop us a line and let us know what you get. We are trying to get Mark into respite for the period of the rally in Sept. Will your daughter be with you?
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:29 AM   #4
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Bill & Ann
Our daughter will be in respite from Sept 6th through Sept 13th so she will not be with us. We have to leave the rally early so we can pick her up. I made a mistake and thought the rally ended on the 11th so I didn't reserve enough time. Our daughter tends to say everything is "fine" even when it isn't so not really sure if she is comfortable or not. The 5th wheel is only about 10 months old so the mattress is like brand new---it's just the comfort issue. I'll let you know what happens.

FireTruckerWife
With the added bulk of a mattress pad do you have a problem folding the bed up?
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 09:58 AM   #5
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Well, we have the two masonite boards under the mattress, a thin thin foam pad on top and then the quilted matress pad, 2 sheets, an electric blanket encased in 2 sheets (dog hair preventer) and just(today) folded it all up and it fit. A little tight, but it fit.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 12:08 PM   #6
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
We found ours at the local mattress store $189.00 with springs it is a standard Hide A Bed mattress they had in stock.Great improvement put the OEM at the curb
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote