Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
bikefever
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9158
Warranty Item - 2 months and counting

In April we purchased a new 2014 Montana Model 3402. The sofa sleeper mattress still with its plastic cover and never used had a defect. A spring had broken and worked thru the mattress cover. It was not found at during the pre delivery inspection but was found when we first attempted to use the bed about 1 month after the purchase.

The dealer placed an order for replacement mattress on June 3. I have called the dealer numerous times and most recently started calling Keystone customer service daily. The information given by Keystone is that it is on order and in the hands of their purchasing department with no resolution date.

Its time to post my saga here on the forum to try to get resolution and a new mattress in my new Montana.

Appreciate any help you may have.

bikefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I sent an email up the line at Montana, hopefully it will help.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:49 AM   #3
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Call customer service at Montana.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:46 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Got this back. Will also be sending you an email, but since that's not always working I'm posting also: Good Morning,

I am attempting to locate a VIN or the customers last name so that I may assist. Can you help with this please?

Here is the post -

In April we purchased a new 2014 Montana Model 3402. The sofa sleeper mattress still with its plastic cover and never used had a defect. A spring had broken and worked thru the mattress cover. It was not found at during the pre delivery inspection but was found when we first attempted to use the bed about 1 month after the purchase.
The dealer placed an order for replacement mattress on June 3. I have called the dealer numerous times and most recently started calling Keystone customer service daily. The information given by Keystone is that it is on order and in the hands of their purchasing department with no resolution date.
Its time to post my saga here on the forum to try to get resolution and a new mattress in my new Montana.
Appreciate any help you may have.

Thank you,

Stephen Holmes
Keystone RV
Dutchmen Manufacturing Inc.
Owner Relations Manager
RVIA/RVDA Master Certified Technician
Hotlines - 866-425-4369
Fax ------- 866-273-1453/1457
Old 07-30-2014, 05:07 AM   #5
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Got a visit yesterday from my "Bad Luck" buddy with the stuck slid SOB toy hauler. Without filling a whole page with all the details, his unit is a Dutchman, which as we all know Keystone bought out. When he calls his Dutchman service center it rings into the same place, and the same folks, as when I call my Montana service center. Point is, the parts to fix his slide could take up to a month to get so they are picking their fiver up Monday and trying to get it back home to Florida where a CW there will take over the repair. This whole process took over a week going through the Keystone/Dutchman service center. I just hope that Keystone has not become so overwhelmed after taking over Dutchman that everyone ends up getting horrible service.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:10 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
PM is out there, but I'm pretty sure my email didn't go out. If you know Bikefever please let him know to read the post and contact the gentleman. Thanks!