Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2010, 04:41 AM   #1
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
Adding a Macerator

We will be taking a job starting Sept. 1 where a the hook-ups require a macerator. We have a 2009 Montana 3585SA with a sewer boom and I am leaning towards the Clean Dump system. We'll need to run hose about 50 feet to the dump outlet.

So far all the photos/videos/instructions I have found on the Internet on installing a macerator in general seem more slanted towards motorhomes.

I'd like a unit that will allow use of either the macerator or the regular gravity hose system depending on where we are hooked up in the future.

Does this thing have to be mounted under the rig? Where did you run wires to get a power source? Looking for a least amount of dumping hassle with the macerator pump...don't really want to crawl under the rig every time to turn it on...or have a hassle if wanting to use the regular gravity system/hose at a different campsite.

So! Anyone out there with one of these critters able to give me some insight on installation, tips and tricks in general? I am still doing research on the Internet and will be calling a dealer near where we are going to talk to them about installation, etc.

Thanks a bunch! We love our home on wheels!
TYR is offline   Reply With Quote