Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
scottclara

M.O.C. #9375
Decals

I have a new 345 DBQ Mountaineer and my decals on the front of my unit are coming off. Just wanted to now if any one eles had this problem.

scottclara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:01 AM   #2
lfw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8881
We have a 2008 3000RK and had the same problem. When we were in Elkhart, IN. last week we stopped at a service center and had them replace it. It took about 2 hrs to do. There was another Monty in there having his decal replaced also..They said it was a better decal. The color is a little different, but it still looks good..
lfw
lfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:23 AM   #3
hoganc
Established Member

M.O.C. #9305
Send a message via Yahoo to hoganc
We recently purchased a 2007 345 and two of the decals on starboard side are peeling terribly. Others appear to have good adhesion. Can these decals be obtained from factory. It really makes the otherwise new looking camper look weather worn.
hoganc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:42 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
The peeling/cracking/shrinking decals is a never ending saga here on the forum. While a few have not, AS YET, had a problem the majority of us have. Mine is an 07 3485SA and mine are also peeling and shrinking.

I am not sure there is a remedy. Even replacing them with all new ones is no guarantee they will not also have the same problem down the road.
You could contact your dealer and explain the problem and have him contact Keystone Customer Service. Keystone will probably send the dealer replacements free but the dealer will charge you to remove the old and put on the new.
You could try removing and replacing them on your own BUT it can be a very time consuming, tedious project. Mis-apply just one and you will have a mess on your hands.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
If you have a new unit...one that is still under warranty then get the dealer to replace and or fix the decals. If you are out of warranty then contact Keystone and see if they still have some decals for your year and model Montana. If so they they will usually get them to you free of charge. If they no longer have any decals for your unit then you'll have to contact an outside company. We contacted Burlington Graphics. They supplied us with a complete set of decals for our 2002 model 3295 unit. There was a cost of about $300 - $400.

There are several links on the Forum that give greater detail and contact information. Just do a search and you should end up with a lot of responses.

Good luck.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
scottclara

M.O.C. #9375
Thanks for all the input. I just contacted the dealer and they are going to replace they it was just strange the trailer is not 7 months old and they are doing this already. Thanks again. Scott @ Clara
scottclara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:08 AM   #7
lgperri

M.O.C. #9354
I have a 2005 Montana that needs a new front decal. I plan to contact my local dealer to replace it. The old one is sun faded and I probably also scrubbed it a bit too hard several times while trying to remove those yukky bug splatters. I'm wondering whether anyone has tried spraying clear-coat acrylic (or some other formula) type of clear sealant over a new decal to keep it from deteriorating as quickly as did the original? Or maybe just clearcoating the original to keep it looking good. Sounds like it might help, but I'd like to know if anyone has real experience trying this?
lgperri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Wished Keystone would paint their logos and pictures instead of using the decals. Eventually maybe we'll just have to take the decals off and do our own scenery with a good paint job. Just a thought -- we could paint the Montana logo on, so we could tell what we have for our homes on wheels. I should probable put this reply under another topic -- Changes Keystone could Make

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scottclara

I have a new 345 DBQ Mountaineer and my decals on the front of my unit are coming off. Just wanted to now if any one eles had this problem.
Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 03:04 PM   #9
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
The question about painting vs decals has come up several times at our various Rallies. Charles Wade, the West Coast Rep for Montana says they could easily paint the rigs but at about $10K per rig. That seems steep to me and I'll just keep dealing with the decals for a while longer at that kind of cost for paint.

Hopefully the price for painting will come down.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote