Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2018, 08:13 PM   #1
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
More Efforts at Watching TV

What an absolute cluster. Keystone could really help us out here. Part of the problem for me was the multitude of possible connections, especially when doing a channel search - Cable/Satellite Box, Cable from the wall, Antenna. Plus, at the wall behind the tv is Sat, catv/ant. and in the bedroom an extra cable connection under the cig lighter plug on the booster. Then there is the 3 connections on the wall of the Convenience Center - sat1, sat2 and cable.

We tried to watch local tv this week from central Texas on the Wingard Razor 1 antenna. Was not able to get the thing to turn in the bedroom ceiling. Found the instructions and spent most of an hour doing the quarter turn recommended b4 trying the channel search each time.

Finally went out to discover the antenna was not getting turned. Took off the the ceiling mount to discover that the handle had broken off the 2" long black prongs attached to the antenna on the roof. Now have a reference number with Wingard. Spent the next half day discovering that the park cable will only work if I bypass the switch others have refereed to above. Also found the coax wired to CAT/TV instead of Sat. Once I got that figured out and jumped around the switch, the park cable worked fine. Now when I get a real dish satellite, I know where to hook it up. I've labelled everything but may not ever be using the Wingard again.

Sure would be nice if I could get some help from the community on how to readily add images in my replies. I've sent several emails to the commanders in chiefs, with no response. I've also looked all over the sections on the boards.

Old 09-24-2018, 08:29 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
If you scroll down below the message box in a new posting there is something labeled Manage attachments under Additional options. Or if you are replying to someone else’s post, click on Go Advanced and scroll down.

Click on Manage attachments and you can load pictures to your messsge.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:56 PM   #3
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Got it.... the scroll down was what I did not see
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	antenna-connections.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	2395