Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2008, 03:51 PM   #21
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Yep - it really depends on the setup. Our 03 was actually better than our 07, even with the concave front. The difference is the pin box is 5-inches shorter on our 07 so the concave nose will actually hit our rig, where the 03 never could.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:26 AM   #22
TMerrell
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7988
Brad, I can second that. I seem to recall the 2955 is the only model you can currently get with the extended pin box and it does make a difference for those of us who are slider-challenged.
TMerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:51 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Old Swede

JUST PURCHASED A USED 3075RL, AND FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH POSTING.
WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM TURNING ANGLE BETWEEN MY 2005 F-250 SHORTBED TRUCK AND THE TRAILER. THANK YOU
About a quarter inch less than I tried to turn. And thus the reason I now have the superglide auto slider.

When Montana first came out with the new nose they had a picture of a Chevy shortbed turned as sharply as possible. They said it was 88 degrees. But your Ford and my Dodge will be slightly less than that. I used to tow this Montana with a Ford shortbed.

Keep in mind, that 88 degrees was on absolutely flat terrain. What got me was terrain that was not quite flat. When the truck rear wheel started going uphill over a slant curb, it tilted truck into Montana. I was very lucky. My wife saw it happening and screamed for me to stop. We have just a small dimple in the truck to show what happened.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:00 AM   #24
rving2us
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7880
I pull a 2006 3000RK with a SB Dodge our rig has the older style round nose and I have rubbed the nose a couple of times. Fortunately none of my"rubbings" have been devistating and need a body mechanic to cover up my mistakes. I have become adapt at using my manual sliding fifth wheel. In fact at one camp ground in Ohio as I was sliding the fifth wheel a neighbor came over an wanted to know what we were doing idling in the middle of the road. I told him I was sliding the fifth wheel, he was amazed and said; I have one of those and have never used it.

I often check rear windows of SB trucks to see if they have tell/tell splotches of white paint around the driver side rear window. That is the window the co-pilot is supposed to watch during a turn but that is another thread, huh?

Never get underway without your trusty rubbing compound and a soft "red-rag". Sliders are our friend. jon
rving2us is offline   Reply With Quote