Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2007, 05:48 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
When changing over to a MorRyde pin box ......

When I ordered our new Monty I also ordered the MorRyde pin box. The new pin box was changed out by our dealer in Florida. I didn't even bother looking at the installation until I had the TV's bed rail scratch the underbelly of the overhang to the right of the pin box.
It was at that time I realized the standard hitch had a much greater pitch from the trailers mounting brackets to the pin making the clearance from the bed rail to the underbelly about 6 or 7 inches. When they installed the MorRyde they used the same 6 holes. Problem is the MorRyde doesn't have near the pitch as the original pin had making the rail to underbelly clearance about 4 inches.
Yesterday myself and 2 friends dropped the MorRyde down to the bottom set of holes. Which is a difference of about 3 inches. This has no given me back the 6 to 7 inches of clearance above the TV's bed rails.

In the pic below you can see the new position and the 3 now empty bolt holes at the top.

In the next picture you can see the opening between the top of the pin box and the underbelly. Not that you ever have to see through, prior to dropping the pin there was no way to see through there.

BTW-It's an optical illusion. That piece of yellow tape is centered on the pin and the level got bumped when we lowered the pin box. I'll have to reset the level.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:07 AM   #2
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
thats good to know Glenn, I been thinking about getting an air ride box or something simalar. thanks for the info !
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:10 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Glenn,

Is there a chance they sent the wrong pin box? I know 5th Air Borne has different pin boxes for different units. I would bet MorRyde does the same. I had to let them know the model number off my old pin box so they would send me the correct replacement. Hope what you have done solves the problem.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #4
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Glenn,

When MorRyde installed ours at the Great Lakes Rally a couple of years ago in Goshen they first brought out the wrong pin box for our unit. The next day they brought out the right one and it is installed just like your photo shows. We have the extra set of holes on top.

Your dealership should have known how to install it. Glad to hear that you and your friends were able to make it right.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote