Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2007, 05:50 AM   #1
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Campsite lawn games

It looks like we need a yard games thread, so here it is.

This one is for Polish Golf, Ladder Golf, lot of names - here is a link to the plans for building it yourself. It helps if you have golf balls you can use - they are the most expensive part of the project (I used new in 4 colors).

http://www.missouriscenicrivers.com/...bolaplans.html

Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 06:19 AM   #2
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
We enjoy this game alot. We purchased a set at Menards. It was made of lightweight plastic..which did not hold up well. They did not come with golf balls but nice semi-hard plastic balls. Which makes it nice for kids not to get hurt by the golfballs. They work just as nice as the golf balls. We just took pvc pipe and made better ladders.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
We went camping with some friends who had small kids. They brought out the ladder-golf and instead of golf balls they used tennis balls. Thinking this strange I was about ready to ask why not golf balls when I looked over and say his 6 year son old getting ready to toss one of the sets and on his back swing boinked the back of his head with the tennis ball. Question not asked was answered.

I made one out of some PVC and found some used golf balls at Wally World, cheap. I set up a drill press and drilled them. A word of caution when doing this, wear goggles as I found one with a liquid center and got it in my eyes when it blew.
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:04 AM   #4
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
This is a real favorite with folks at the camp where we spent last summer. Had many a fun afternoon with the kids. Thanks for posting the site with directions.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:17 AM   #5
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Well duh. So tickled to see the link I forgot to put in a favorite our family plays when there is enough room--like at Lake McConnaughy, NE. And I mean LOTS of room. We saved an old croquet set and the kids (big and little) set it up as a sort of cross country obstacle course/golf course using whatever trees, rocks etc are available. (Rule 1 is that you may NOT move or damage anything which Mother Nature has set down either in laying out the course or playing the game.) You can play as teams or individuals. Rules are croquet rules. It is lots of fun for mixed age gatherings--and a very humbling experience for golfers. We have had so much fun with this that we have scrounged extra croquet sets at garage sales, thrift shops so that the whole family can play and the course can be lengthened. Oh yeah--we have been playing this since my brother invented it 45 years ago.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:07 AM   #6
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
we made a set. They are allot of fun. I also like the polish horse shoes AKA the washer game.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #7
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We visited friends in British Columbia several years ago and they introduced us to Bocce Ball which we played on Canada Day. We bought our own set and it has become a family favorite and a big hit on our group campouts.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #8
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
I thought about building some of these for resale at various campgrounds until I found this website.

http://www.blongoball.com/

The website owners claim to have a patent on the game.

Hmmmmm!
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote