Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2006, 03:39 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bike trail

It's our departure morning, but I wanted to post some pictures, and recommend the bike trail. This town is big, spread out and not Santa Fe.
But the bike trail was stellar! There is access from many many locations. It runs along the Rio Grand, at this time, it is lazy and shallow. There are lots of birds and little critters along the way to look at, because of the rain they had here, the flowers and plants are healthy and catch your eye everywhere.
When cycling along the blacktop mostly level path, you can smell the changes; under the bridges, it is cool and pleasantly humid, with water nearby, you pass some horse pens, with the aroma of the round dumplings, the horses contribute to the earth.
There are benches, and resting areas scattered around the trail, but strangely there are NO bathrooms on the trail.
There are NO bathrooms for the public anywhere. None in Old Town. None even around the area of Old Town.
The filling stations have their bathroom doors painted over, no 'Men' and 'Women' signs, this is to discourage strollers from using them. The local Subway sandwich shop has signs; 'Customers only!', even then the key was lost for the Men's room.
Poor planning on the city father's part.
Sue and I have a rule when we visit cities, when we can find our way around with no trouble, it's time to leave.
We're leaving.
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...3/100_0020.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...3/100_0012.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...3/000_0025.jpg

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:06 AM   #2
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
Ozz, where are you? Maybe I missed it.
Bob
bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Sorry, Bob.
We were in Albuquerque this morning, that was where the bike trail was.
We are now in Flagstaff for the night, headed to Sedona.
Ozz
Old 10-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #4
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Your bike is even pimped out, you ARE the man. what size generator you got on that. LOL, steve
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Steve, it's funny, on South Padre Island, I would travel the path's shared by walkers, most are not too good at hearing my "Passing on your left", so I got a child's horn, I used it and they thought it was a bird, so I got
another that sounded like an ooga horn. Then someone attached a third to my bike. I'm thinking they were messing with me......