Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2006, 07:42 AM   #21
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
My son and I were big into mud racing so we picked up the name of Mudchief.Then one day mama said she was tired of watching us trying to kill ourselves so we no longer mud race or sky dive.

1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:36 AM   #22
pard
Established Member

M.O.C. #5464
When I was a little boy I would meet my dad at the door when he came home from work. He would call me his pardner. When I got older the nickname got shortened to Pard and has stuck all these years.
pard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:36 AM   #23
WildBigBill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2149
Got the nickname at work and use it for most my log in names to make it easy to remember. What is CRS?
WildBigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:40 AM   #24
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
CRS=Can't remember "stuff" (or perhaps another four-letter word some may prefer to use).
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:56 AM   #25
WildBigBill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2149
got IT!
WildBigBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:23 AM   #26
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
“Bluegill” ~ With my last name Gill….. A friend of mine from Oklahoma tells me that the fish “Bluegill” is a worthless fish that nobody wants to catch or eat. So with me be worthless and no body liked me.. He decided to call me Bluegill. Hmmmm… is he really a friend? Maybe I shouldn’t have posted this…. I think I need counseling.

So, I also shorten it to Blue
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:51 AM   #27
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
Hi All,

We are a family of five that like to go RVing so, 5RVers is what we selected.
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:07 AM   #28
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bluegill

“Bluegill” ~ With my last name Gill….. A friend of mine from Oklahoma tells me that the fish “Bluegill” is a worthless fish that nobody wants to catch or eat. So with me be worthless and no body liked me.. He decided to call me Bluegill. Hmmmm… is he really a friend? Maybe I shouldn’t have posted this…. I think I need counseling.

So, I also shorten it to Blue
Well Blue I know many a bluegill fisherman that will absolutely 150% disagree with your friend.

In fact of the many small freshwater pan fish the bluegill is one of my favorites secondly only to the Crappie.
Now back top the thread
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:43 AM   #29
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Sorry, but I have to pipe in here as well. First off, "Blue" you seem too nice for anyone to ever say such a thing to you. I think the person that said that to you needs a reality check! Secondly, I totally agree (and so would my husband) like Glenn & Lorraine, that Bluegill and Crappie are some of our most favorite pan fish! I (yes, me the mom) use to take my boys fishing when Dad was working as we use to live near a lake that had a great spot for these fish and we had a great time (when not spent untangling fishing lines). Okay, down off my soapbox.

Back to the subject at hand.
(Edited to correct spelling of Glenn's name - sorry Glenn)
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:42 AM   #30
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
I'm am sorry Bluegill but keep the name. You do not have any idea how many times I wish I had a stringer of Bluegill.
Beep Beep!
Indy Roadrunner is a combination of names. I use to have a CB handle of Okie Roadrunner – being from Oklahoma and I liked the real life roadrunner bird. Ever see one of those dudes eat a rattlesnake? They snatch them by the tail and whip them around and slam them to the ground till the life is gone out of the snake.
I was sitting at the computer trying to think of a name and our Internet provider is Roadrunner thus since I am now a Hoosier – Indy Roadrunner. I relate more to the cartoon than the real life Geococcyx californianus. I prefer the carton version of Burn-em Upus Asphaltus or Accelerati Incredibilus. A flightless carton bird, I too have a commercial pilot license with multi engine ratings and I don’t fly. (I bought a Montana instead).
Indy = fast cars Roadrunner = fast bird.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:21 PM   #31
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Interesting thread..My name is Richard and I worked for the FAA (federal aviation agency) Way back when E mail addresses were being assigned for the FAA I became richfaa @zob.gov.I just kept it because i could remember it. Helen's CB handle was Snowbunny because she was a skier but there was another snowbunny nearby so she became snowhawk.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #32
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Hey, Glenn, Wannabe full-timer finally spelled your name correctly! Good job, Sandi!

jr....my initials gw......glen's initials, then our last name.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:53 PM   #33
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
My first choice was taken, I think ronmc so I went with my dad's nickname for his whole life, Mac. Our last name is McCulley and that's how he got Mac as his name. Now we had our issues over the years but it was a little way of honoring him. He will be gone 21 years next month, Oct, he had a stroke 5 days after his 60th birthday and he and mom were finally going to realize their dream and go traveling in their motorhome. Another reason I still take my 80 old mom with me whenever I can, or whenver she wants.

Sorry for the rambling.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:56 PM   #34
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Cause we ain't smart enuf to think of really kuul handles, and suffer from CRS, we picked g(Gary)k(Karen)Butler.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:59 PM   #35
Rocky2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2840
Rocky2 - Rocky is one of our dogs and the 2 "I don't know why the 2" just because I guess. It is easy for me to remember.

I just picked something when I signed up - did not know we would go by this all the time.

Laura & Joe Lantz
Rocky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:25 PM   #36
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
This is Dennis's answer all the time when someone asks him how's he doing---Tired, Broke, Hungry, and Depressed. Shorten is tbhd.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #37
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
When we had to come up with a name.. I used IMP as that is a nickname I acquired from my dear husband. Seems like there was some impulsive purchases along the way... now his name TREBOR is Robert backwards.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #38
CampingCrazyShirley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6271
What a fun topic! I've enjoyed reading everyones information. Hey Blue, I think you need to re-evaluate your "friend" LOL You seem to be awesome...keep posting! Anyway, my name comes from a couple things...first, I LOVE TO GO CAMPING! I'm crazy about it...hence the CampingCrazy part...the Shirley part, well, my real name is Cheryl, but about 12 years ago, one of my bosses decided my name should be Shirley...not Cheryl...he never called me Cheryl and no one I worked with called me anything but Shirley...it has just stuck. I haven't worked there in a number of years, and no one else calls me Shirley but those I used to work with. I kind of became attached to it, so I'm CampingCrazyShirley! My husband Craig doesn't really post, although he lurks around the forums a lot! So, feel free to call me Shirley or Cheryl...doesn't matter, I like both!
CampingCrazyShirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:03 PM   #39
RailroadMike
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5807
Hello....I am retired Airforce but went to work for the Union Pacific about two years ago and am now a train driver spelled engineer.........RailroadMike and Mary
RailroadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:42 PM   #40
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
I guess mine is not rocket science either........Lstierw is the first letter of my first name and the rest is the first 6 letters of my last name....and my wife (YorkieSue) is simply someone who loves Yorkies and her first name is Sue
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote