Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2009, 12:07 PM   #21
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
I really don't have a lot of faith in the PDI's performed at any dealership. Most of the personnel don't know as much as I know, on every 5th wheel we have purchased except the first one I knew most of the the answers. The last 5th wheel we bought, I went to management and discussed the PDI program. His answer was every time we get a personnel trained the very next unit will have changes that they have seen. I must say in some respects I agree, for sure when they sell more that one type of RV's. Again we have been very lucky with our 5th wheels we have had very few issures. We have been in this 5er almost 5 months and had our first issue. I had to replace a light bulb in the John room, its the little night light near the floor so you don't have to turn on the overhead light if you have to get up at night. GBY....

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:29 PM   #22
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
When we did our PDI back in June of 2003 it became evident in no time at all that the nice young man had NO clue. He was not doing a PDI, he was showing us around.

We did the PDI. We had the list, we spent the 8 hours (both of us, so that is 16 hours) climbing around, on top, under the unit, on our hands and knees feeling every nick, cranny, corner of the floor, the closets, the walls, whatever we could get to.

When we finished we had a list of well over 40 items, some were silly, the dealer did not even try to clean up the unit before we saw it. Our take, is that was rather stupid, as we saw all this stuff that irritated us, and we did not need to see that.

They had walked on the roof with greasy shoes, did not clean it up. They did not install stuff correctly (extras ordered from them, dealer installed). Al had to come home and print out directions for installation and take it to them.

I don't know what to call a tour of the unit by someone who does not even know how to light the water heater, or where the pull handles for the galley tank are. But, that in my opinion, is NOT a PDI.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:42 AM   #23
stevemc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6587
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Excellent post Brad. I will be starting a NEW page titled "PDI - Addendum" and your post will a part of that new page.

I will be watching this thread and as the list grows so will the new page grow.

Thanks Tom for starting this thread and Thanks Brad for your reply And Thanks HamRad for pointing Tom to the Home Page.
I must be blind but I don't find a PDI list on the home page. Closest thing I see is the maintenance checklist.
What link is it under?
stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:50 AM   #24
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by stevemc

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Excellent post Brad. I will be starting a NEW page titled "PDI - Addendum" and your post will a part of that new page.

I will be watching this thread and as the list grows so will the new page grow.

Thanks Tom for starting this thread and Thanks Brad for your reply And Thanks HamRad for pointing Tom to the Home Page.
I must be blind but I don't find a PDI list on the home page. Closest thing I see is the maintenance checklist.
What link is it under?
Stevemc, you have to click on RV Related Links at the botton of the page....
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:42 AM   #25
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Direct PDI Link>>>> http://www.montanaowners.com/RVRelatedLinks.html#pdi
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote