Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 10-02-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
Carguy1965
Established Member

M.O.C. #22777
Double Vanities

Hello To all, Not currently a Montana Owner, My wife and I currently enjoy a very nice Rockwood Windjammer. We are looking at semi retirement in the not to distant future and plan to move up to a Montana as we plan to spend way more time hitting the road with our home on wheels..

We bought our current Windjammer partly due to the fact that it was one of the few TTs we could find with two sinks in the bathroom. We always end up using them at the same time in the morning and having two just lets us get out and having fun that much faster.

The Montana High Country 331RL is a wonderful floor plan for us and we were leaning towards that model.. Then by chance at our local dealer we checked out a Montana 3121RL Anniversary model that we just fell in love with. It has several additional features that we feel we would really like for longer trips etc. Like the central vac, and I like the disc brakes, and we both just really want the higher trim level etc.. Problem is that while the floor plans are almost identical, none of the full Montana's have the double vanity option in the bathroom. You can only get it on High Country models.

When we ordered our Rockwood, the factory actually made a few changes for us that we requested through our dealer. Not major stuff, but still different from any regular production models. So my question is two things, has anyone ever heard of Keystone making modifications based on customer requests, which Rockwood/Forest River did for us, like modifying a 3121RL to the double vanity set up as the bathroom size and location is the same as the High Country 331RL, or secondly how could we find out if they plan to introduce any full Montana models with the double sinks ??

It makes all the sense in the world. Most homes have two sinks in the master bath after all.. Our Dealer tells us they have trouble keeping them on the lot as the two sink models sell rapidly...

The 3121RL with a double sink would simply be the perfect rig for us.. If only they built it...

I appreciate any and all feedback..

Thank You

Carguy1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:24 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
First, welcome to the forum! Second, go to Keystone.com and look at the montana floor plans. I know there are two models that have double sinks, but I don't know how the vanities are set up.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:10 AM   #3
kjmcdowell77
Established Member

M.O.C. #22739
We purchased a 321MK for two reasons. Number one was the dedicated office area as my wife likes to work on the road and number two, the double sinks in the bathroom. We've stayed in it for a week so far and have absolutely no complaints so far. Our dealer is excellent and they went through it with a fine tooth comb before we took delivery. If you live anywhere near Eastern NE or Western IA, I highly recommend Leach's Camper Sales, especially if you are looking for a Montana.
kjmcdowell77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:37 AM   #4
Kyle and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21685
Welcome to the forum.
Kyle and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 08:55 AM   #5
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
3920 and 3930 units reflect double vanities. Looks like they are set up similar to our double vanities in our 3910. If you are looking at both Montana and High Country floorplans, I would make sure the cable slide issues associated with the newer HCs have been resolved. Have fun as you research all the floorplans available, and hope you find the perfect one for you.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #6
Carguy1965
Established Member

M.O.C. #22777
Thanks folks for all the replies and good info. I failed to acknowledge the 3920 and 3930 as having two vanities simply because they are just way bigger than what we are looking for. 35 to 37 feet is more than enough for us.. Our current 31 foot Windjammer is really big enough, but we do want a bit more space for longer trips and my wife really wants a washer dryer that we just cant do with our current TT. Its a funny sight to see her attack the machines in the campground laundry mats with her cleaning kit before she puts any clothes in them.

We are just hoping and praying that Keystone will decide to come out with a full Montana floor plan similar to the High Country 331RL as it would literally be the perfect set up for us.. We take the Grand kids on occasion and a big pullout is just fine for them at this time anyway. Most of the time my son is there with his camper as well so its always convenient at bed time to send them back to Mom and Dads bunkhouse !!

Thank You again

Old 10-03-2018, 06:31 PM   #7
Carguy1965
Established Member

M.O.C. #22777
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjmcdowell77 View Post
We purchased a 321MK for two reasons. Number one was the dedicated office area as my wife likes to work on the road and number two, the double sinks in the bathroom. We've stayed in it for a week so far and have absolutely no complaints so far. Our dealer is excellent and they went through it with a fine tooth comb before we took delivery. If you live anywhere near Eastern NE or Western IA, I highly recommend Leach's Camper Sales, especially if you are looking for a Montana.

We have debated back and forth like crazy between the 321MK and the 331RL as they both have the sink set up and my wife loves the desk set up as well. Ultimately we decided the TV viewing angle and the "Den" feel to the back of the 331 was best for us, but she still brings up that desk from time to time.. Hope you folks keep enjoying it very much. We have a tremendous family owned for 40 years dealer in Buford Ga that we cant say enough nice things about. They took care of our current Rockwood, and we will get our Montana there as well.. Top Notch folks..

Thank You !