Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
DAR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12658
Cable slides on 2012 3750FL

hello to all, I have been Lurking around MOC for a little over a year now, I have enjoyed reading and learning from the many post's.

My Problem is with my Living Room slides we Purchased our unit used (one 2 week trip to Yosemite) in 2011 from the original owners. The Purchase date was May 31 2011,we received it in October 2011, basically a brand new unit.according to the service records It appears the original owners had troubles with the system. On Our first trip in May of 2012 from Ca. to Mo. the right side cable broke in Ok. and unit is now out of Warranty Contacted Keystone they told us to take it to dealer. Took it to the Dealer when we returned. Cable system was repaired and Keystone covered it. We didn't use it till June of this year on a short trip 50 mile from home and the Left side cable broke.
Same thing called Keystone take it to dealer.Did that and Again Keystone covered it. Kuddos to Keystone unit is over a year out of Warranty. now to the Current issue took a trip from Ca. to Northern Id. 1st of August Open the Slides and do walk around to examine condition of cables ( I am Very nervous to even open these slide seems every time i use them one breaks) I see Frays on all 4 cables about 1 inch from the bracket on the right side slide hmmm these are going to break again I can see that already,go around to the Left side and the top cable is not even there, Huh??? how can that be? I'm thinking it just slipped off maybe tech didn't get it put back on right?? well when we returned we take it back to dealer. Service writer says no prob work is still under warranty we will take care of it , right on I'm happy. I checked in with him yesterday and he says the New cable Broke again! Wow. I guess my question is has anybody else had this kind of trouble with there cable slides in particular the living room slide on the 3750fl. Also Anybody have any ideas what is going wrong I have searched this Forum and haven't found any issues of this magnitude, only an occasional cable break. i have also looked on Norco's Site for more info,My Thoughts are that the Brackets on the slide are not set right and need realignment to ensure they do not rub and there is not any stress on the cables when they are closed. Look forward to the wisdom of the MOC Gurus. Thank You Don

DAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
We just had exact same issue a few weeks ago. The frayed cables actually twisted. My Good SAMs covered it. Our cables were completely frayed and tangled. There apparently is a problem. Thanks for posting, we thought ours was improperly installed! I will contact Keystone next week.
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Not good! Cable systems have been around for a while with other builders; this does sound like an installation issue.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:49 AM   #4
LuckyNichol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8615
Yikes! We have not had any problems with our cable slide system as of today. We like the cable slide, hope things work out. We wish everyone A great MOC-rally. Hello to all our MOC friends. We are visiting our military family in Colorado Springs Colorado. Lots of rain.
LuckyNichol is offline   Reply With Quote