Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #1
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Kitchen Faucet issues

Last few months when I turn on the kitchen faucet on our 3585sa, I hear a "clump" and then no pressure. Turn it on again and no problem. It has been getting worse in the frequency of hit happening. Now when I turn it on there is barely any pressure. Pulled the screen off and was a bit dirty but nothing too bad. Cleaned that and still barely any pressure. Rest of the faucets in bathroom and outside shower are fine with pressure on both water pump and when hooking to city water supply. THis happen to anyone else?

The Weekenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:33 AM   #2
Nono Geno
Established Member

M.O.C. #9918
Yes, it happens on every trip we take, at least once. I usually go outside and shut the water off, relieve the pressure then turn it back on. Then the sink faucet will work. I also have a 2008 but a 3000rk. Thought I was the only one. Hopefully someone will have a fix.
Nono Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #3
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
I plan on getting a local plumber to stop by and take a look at it this week.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #4
Nono Geno
Established Member

M.O.C. #9918
Yeah, I'll check back in to see what fix you came up with. Thanks
Nono Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 09:11 AM   #5
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
We have or had may I say the same thing. I think we fixed ours. Time will tell. I did a search on the MOC under kitchen faucet and then the brand name ours is and threads came up. To make a long story short there are restrictors in the lines. The kit. faucet has 2. When you put a lot of water pressure on, these shut off your water supply to the faucet. We removed 1 that we found in the hose and I think it has worked. It was in the hose line going out. Also if you turn the water on slow it does not happen. Hard to remember. If it does happen usually when you let pressure off the system by turning on the bathroom faucet the kit faucet will work. Try to find the restrictors that should work. It seems to for us. There is many people with the same issue, removed the restrictors and no further problems. Let me know how you made out. You do not need the restrictors. It also improved our water pressure.
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
That used to happen to us all the time. We learned that if we'd turn on the bathroom sink faucet and then turn on the kitchen faucet, we'd get water just fine. Or, if I turned on the sink faucet and then turned on the bathroom faucet, that would start the water running in the kitchen, too. After a year of putting up with the problem, one day it just quit. Quite a few other MOC members have had the same problem, so you will probably get a quick cure from a member who reads your post!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #7
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
We have the problem and also just leave it on and turn the bathroon sink on, the kitchen sink starts running water and we turn the bathroom off. It just takes a second for the water to start in the kitchen with the bathroom sink on.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #8
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Sounds like a good topic for the Keystone Customer Service seminar at the Rally?!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:20 AM   #9
lcarter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7240
We had tbis problem and eventually replaced the kitchen faucet. It has not occurred again.
Good luck! By the way our 07 faucet did not have any markings that tell you what brand, ect. Research identified the faucet as a Phoenix. Last I checked Tweety's has it.
lcarter
lcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:21 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
This sounds to me like a loose cartridge inside the faucet. The pressure is the key, turn on, then it slams shut, lessen the pressure, then it works. I would like the name of the faucet brand, and the model of the faucet if you can get that? Maybe we can see the 'exploded view' of the faucet, even contact a distributor of that brand and style for info on it.
I would suggest anyone having the faucet with problems, get a rebuild kit, install it and see if that fixes the problem.
I bet a box of sugar donuts it does....

Thanks, we posted at the same time.. Phoenix?

This sounds to me like a loose cartridge inside the faucet. The pressure is the key, turn on, then it slams shut, lessen the pressure, then it works. I would like the name of the faucet brand, and the model of the faucet if you can get that? Maybe we can see the 'exploded view' of the faucet, even contact a distributor of that brand and style for info on it.
I would suggest anyone having the faucet with problems, get a rebuild kit, install it and see if that fixes the problem.
I bet a box of sugar donuts it does....

Thanks, we posted at the same time.. Phoenix?

OK, here's the info: somebody change the parts and give me your address for the Donuts

http://www.faucets.com/pages/replacement_parts.html
http://www.faucets.com/pages/identify_parts.html
http://www.faucets.com/pdf/stems%20&%20cartridges.pdf
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cdaniels

We have or had may I say the same thing. I think we fixed ours. Time will tell. I did a search on the MOC under kitchen faucet and then the brand name ours is and threads came up. To make a long story short there are restrictors in the lines. The kit. faucet has 2. When you put a lot of water pressure on, these shut off your water supply to the faucet. We removed 1 that we found in the hose and I think it has worked. It was in the hose line going out. Also if you turn the water on slow it does not happen. Hard to remember. If it does happen usually when you let pressure off the system by turning on the bathroom faucet the kit faucet will work. Try to find the restrictors that should work. It seems to for us. There is many people with the same issue, removed the restrictors and no further problems. Let me know how you made out. You do not need the restrictors. It also improved our water pressure.
Found the two restritctors and problem solved. Best pressure we have ever had for the kitchen. Very simple to do. You guys are great!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #12
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Where exactly were the 2 restrictors? Pictures?

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Weekenders
Found the two restrictors and problem solved. Best pressure we have ever had for the kitchen. Very simple to do. You guys are great!!!
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:21 AM   #13
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
I'll try to take some pics this afternoon but the first one I pulled out was where the hand held sprayer connects to the hose, unsrew that and there is one there. The second is underneath the sink where the sprayer hose connects to the water.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:28 PM   #14
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Thanks! That draws a good mental picture. I'll check mine.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:56 PM   #15
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
We actually only found 1 so we may be back finding the other if the issue continues. Will know this weekend we are going camping. Glad it worked for you. We also where going to replace it until I searched the MOC. Yur right this MOC is great!
cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #16
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
The two restrictors in the kitchen are located on either end of the hose. Secure the water supply and unscrew the hose from the sprayer. Take a pick and pull the restrictor and poppet out of the hose. replace the sprayer and go to the other end of the hose where it connects under the sink. Take a flashlight and pillow with you. disconnect the hose from the faucet and again pull the restrictor from that end of the hose. Reattach the hose and you have the best pressure you ever had. this also works in the shower.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #17
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
Thanks! Good info. Why were they put there in the 1st place... water conservation??

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exnavydiver

The two restrictors in the kitchen are located on either end of the hose. Secure the water supply and unscrew the hose from the sprayer. Take a pick and pull the restrictor and poppet out of the hose. replace the sprayer and go to the other end of the hose where it connects under the sink. Take a flashlight and pillow with you. disconnect the hose from the faucet and again pull the restrictor from that end of the hose. Reattach the hose and you have the best pressure you ever had. this also works in the shower.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:26 AM   #18
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Yep, it is mandated that all 'Faucets' have them, but there is no mandate on lines, the better faucet assemblies and hoses don't have them. Just faucet assemblies.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #19
kramperD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8078
Where would the restrictor be located for the shower......no wonder we never run out of hot water.....how can you when the water barely spritzes out. Would it be in the shower hose itself? Or in the hot and cold water lines coming into the faucet?
Old 09-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #20
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
If you remove the shower hose you will see a plastic piece in the end of the faucet. that little hole is the restrictor. I think it would pop out but I would suggest opening the hole up a little. full flow will run you out of hot water in a flash.remember,only a 10 gallon tank,but once you add cold water to reheat it will cool off fast
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote