Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2007, 09:56 AM   #1
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
Yellowstone Campgrounds where to stay

We are planning a trip to Yellowstone in August then Jackson Hole, does anyone have any recomendations on campgrounds? Anyone stay at Fishing Bridge Campground in the park? Thanks,

Buffpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
We stayed there with a smaller camper. Better check to see if you can get in, reservations need to made way in advance. The campground is good for a home base, we would be gone all day site seeing then get home for dinner and bed then start all over again. It's a great National Park. Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
It is a great campground but like Stacy said, get reservations early. If you can't get in there, there is a private campground about 1/2 way between Yellowstone and Tetons. Wish I could remember the name but CRS is getting bad.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We stayed at Grizzly in West Yellowstone and really like it. May be a few bucks more but we felt it was worth it. It is only a few blocks from the West Entrance.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
In September 2006, we stayed at Fishing Bridge with our 3475RL that is about 37+ feet long with a F-350 crew cab, long bed truck. Everything fit very well. I would recommend Fishing Bridge because it puts you in the park and so many sights are close. In addition we found that we were gone most of the day and came home ready for bed. I strongly recommend a reservation at Fishing Bridge. Have a great time.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 01:41 PM   #6
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
In Jackson, Wy, we stayed at the Virginian RV Resort. They are next door to the library with free wi-fi and the city bus comes by for the short trip to "down town". I would return to the Virginian next time we are in Jackson. Also stayed in Grand Teton at the Colter Bay Trailer Village--very nice also. I recommend Fodor's National Parks of the West as an excellent guide to the parks. It lists many camping areas as well as interests in each park.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:21 PM   #7
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

It is a great campground but like Stacy said, get reservations early. If you can't get in there, there is a private campground about 1/2 way between Yellowstone and Tetons. Wish I could remember the name but CRS is getting bad.

Helen
I think the private campground Helen is referring to is Flagg Ranch. It is in great location between the two parks. When I was there I wasn't RVing so I can't tell you how the camping area was.
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 10:55 PM   #8
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
We have reservations at Fishing Bridge for 2 weeks in August. I made the reservations last September. Look forward to seeing Yellowstone but we are concerned about the crowds.

Dorothy
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 07:06 AM   #9
Buffpilot
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5227
Thanks everyone, Tim and Susan, are the campsites in Fishing Bridge close together? Know that they are back in sites but would prefer some space around the camper, we have seen enough of what our neighbors are having for dinner when we pull in. Thanks everyone
Buffpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:54 PM   #10
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
we will be out there the second weed in sept. planning a 3 week tour of all the site back there any suggestions would be very helpful as it will be the wifes first trip back that way thanks for all you help on this on
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:54 AM   #11
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Tim,

Our current plans (very soft date) call for us to be in Yellowstone in the second or third week of September. Wouldn't it be funny that we both live in California but, we meet in Wyoming.

Grant
BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:54 PM   #12
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
yes it would be funny indeed we will be leaving here on the 8th of sept with a stop in utah to see a ole high school friend then off to yellowstone so if we can meet back there that would be too cool as it gets closer to that date I'll post our plans for the entire trip we are just now looking at different camp grounds along the way we will take a trip down to the jackson hole area too would love to go out to Mt Rushmoore also so as you see we will be looking around at many things the wife can't wait to go I've been back there before and fell in love with Yellowstone and can't wait to get back to really look the park over
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:12 PM   #13
virgil47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3846
Teton Valley Campground is just over the mountain, maybe 10-12 miles from Jackson in Victor, Idaho. If there is no room in Jackson Hole, this campground is a good alternative.

It is Passport America with Wifi and we stayed there for $13 a night.
virgil47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:52 PM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Nkwist had his 3400RL at Fishing Bridge when we visited them. It fit fine. We'd stay there if we were in the area again.

We really liked Red Rock RV Park out at Island Park, ID. Near Henry's Lake. It's five miles off the highway, very isolated. Free wifi. Full hookups. And reasonably priced. However, it is 23 miles to the gate at West Yellowstone. When we arrived at Red Rock, fuel prices were reasonable. Then Katrina hit during our month there and prices went through the ceiling and the cost to get to Yellowstone went up. So, because of fuel prices we'll likely stay in West Yellowstone or at Fishing Bridge next time.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote