Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2013, 04:50 AM   #41
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
yes Dave It can be done and folks do it all the time in all brands all price ranges. It is a make it work situation and it does. Again the point is these are not intended to be Permanente residences. There is a difference between full timing and using them as a residence.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:59 AM   #42
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
In Kansas, at least, it's the cities that determine whether you can live in an RV or not. Where we have our "home base" their happy as clams to have us. The town where our store is located outlaw it. Many rural area's, particularly counties without zoning will let you do what you want.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #43
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
This discussion has been exhausting on other sites. At least from 2011, I believe all Montana's have been exceeding most manufacturers insulation and cold weather/hot weather full time living requirements. Many owners of Brand X Hitchhiker as example claim their units have always been full time compatible! The fact of the matter comes down to how the "coach" handles condensation. The new airspace and vents created by Montana's roof design, addressed that issue directly, Its our breathing and activities, cooking etc that creat large amounts of condensation, it's hard on finishes and insulation. That has been a problem with Mobile homes for decades. My Montana has been in zero, but not sub zero and we have been toasty, no condensation. That said, I always tell people this fact. An RV is not a stick house. It's not built with thick walls, brick and mortar. The need to move it around and make it mobile require weight issues. I stress to guests, adult children. Be little more carefull, no slamming doors, banking walls etc. putting your 240 lb mody against railings! As an owner I expect more wear and tear and replace or repair accordingly. So as long as everyone respects the RV, it should and can be a full time residence, again if cared for properly! I was invited in a new $1,4500.00 Newel class A. It had many "exact" elements of my Montana. Sky light over tub etc. Lots of things not avaiable in our Montana's ! Banks and insurance company's really have final say over whether you can live in it full time!
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote