Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Just Way Too Much

Our Grand daughter we are raising, will be 6, the 28th of this month. Her little mind is in overdrive at the moment, as seen by this conversation with Grandma a while ago.
Conversation with Grandma on the way to the store a while ago, remembering her Birthday is the 28th, and she has one great big wish.
Susie: Grand Ma, am I only going to get one Birthday Present this year?
Grandma: Well yes Susie, we got you only one present this year, but its a nice one.
Susie: Oh darn, I thought you would say, Well yes only one, we paid too much for your Electric Scooter to get you anything else.
NOW, is that thinking or what? She is way past me.
You ask where that came from. I got Grandma red cowboy boots for Christmas, and Susie helped me wrap them. We were talking and she slipped up and said she liked Grandma's boots, then covered her mouth--then said, its okey Grandpa, she don't know they are red.

Now is that precious or what??? And yes, the scooter is in the shop in the garage, but Grandpa dosen't have it together yet--lol. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie

Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Isn't it great to get another chance at shaping the mind of a youngster after making all the mistakes the first time around?
We raised our granddaughter until last October when our daughter got married. She was a single mother and a nurse so we had our granddaughter pretty much all the time. We still see her a lot as they live real close but the addition of a husband cut our time significantly.
I still get her off the bus occasionally and spend a few hours with her and am amazed at how much she is growing up.
Enjoy your time with your granddaughter, it is precious.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
Grandkids are #1 on my "Bucket List". Grandson is 15 and a Freshman in High School, Granddaughter is 8 tomorrow in 2 nd grade. other Granddaughter is 2. We live on three diffrent ranches and have cattle, sheep and goats. In 4H, and FFA. Grandson loves to hunt, am taking him on a buffalo hunt this year in Montana. Using 1874 Sharps 45/70 Rifles. Granddaughter like the sheep and goats and show them at Fairs. They keep me feeling young. They all like to have sleep overs with grandma and grandpaw. They sure do keep you moving with ball games and school events.

Frank
maximo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Great stories all. Too many Grandkids to tell the stories, but there is nothing like being a Grandpa!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

They are so precious savor every moment;
they grow up way too fast!
Old 03-20-2013, 02:19 AM   #6
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
DQDICK, you are absolutely right! Nothing like being a Grandpa!!
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:49 AM   #7
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Steve and Susie: Please wish you grand daughter a happy birthday for me. My birthday is also March 28 but I will be a little older than her!!

We just had our first grand son on December 1 and are enjoying him greatly.

Oh, and the scooter - I hope mine is in the garage too!!

Old 03-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
triumphess
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13202
Ya gotta love grandkids!!! We have three granddaughters (10, 6 & 4) They and their mom live with us. Our youngest granddaughter is the reason we ended up with the Montana that we did. We had been looking at fivers for about six months, and went to the Pittsburgh RV show to do some comparison shopping. The girls and their mom came along since they love to explore them. After about the third or fourth rig, the littlest says to me "Grammy, these are really nice - but where is MY bed?" I explained to her that, when they go with us, her mom would sleep on the pull out couch in the living area, and that she and her sisters could sleep on cots or in sleeping bags. She says "But WHERE will my BED be?" OK -- a bunkhouse layout it is!!!
triumphess is offline   Reply With Quote