Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2004, 06:38 AM   #1
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Fairly New and a Little nervous

Hello all you wonderful people!!
My name is Joy and my Husband is Mel. We joined the MOC around the first of October and have been enjoying reading all your messages to each other. I have to say, this has to be one of, if not the best forums I have ever had the pleasure of belonging to. You all seem to be so caring and fun! We really haven't joined in much so far as we are still pretty new to this kind of almost "Family Comunication". But we both look forward to being a part it.
To give you a little idea of where we are in scope of things, we have recently purchased a new Montana 5th Wheel (3575RL) and absolutly love it! We've owned a trailer and a smaller 5th Wheel in the past years and have enjoyed doing our family camping, but now that our girls (2) have grown, and we have grandbabies we are really looking forward to enjoying it even more. We have both worked all of our married life, 26 years to be exact and can hardly wait to start traveling in a more leisurly fashion. I plan to retire in about 2 years from now and my husband in about 7. Mel has so much vacation time on the books, we will be able to start transition into full time RVing right after I retire. Which will also be different for me, as I have always worked in Retail Management, (you know the 60 hour week kind), and I'm a little concerned about how to live a normal at home or (RV) kind of life. Our plan is to sell our home when I retire and then start really living! It is kind of scarry for me, because I love our home, and want to be able to stay close to our family, but at the same time, I yearn to be free of it all. But after seeing all the adventures and the excitment that can be obtained in the Full time RV life in this site, I know we will be fine, if not a little lost at first, but if you can do it so can we!
I also want to say thank you all for being here and haveing this site for us all! Hope to hear back from you soon, this is sooo.. much fun!!

Joy Thompson
Marysville, Washington

melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 07:20 AM   #2
RVBUDDY
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1109
It's great to see you posting. Don't worry about being a little nervous because there are a lot of good people here participating in a family type program. Nobody comes down on anybody and above all everybodys opinion is extremely important. So post away on don't worry about anything.
RVBUDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 08:04 AM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
A Big Welcome MelnJoy, We are so glad that you have joined us here. Congratulations on your new Montana, I am a full timer and have to tell you it is wonderful being able to just go when you want to. We have just retired and are planing on taking our Montana on the road around Dec.We all look forward to hearing all about your great adventures.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:32 AM   #4
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Welcome aboard and congratulations on the 26 years of marriage! That's a big milestone these days. You picked the right place to ask your questions so feel free. There is no such thing as a dumb question here. Here's hoping you find many years of enjoyment with your new Montana.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 03:38 PM   #5
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Welcome to the forum you honeymooners. Faye & I just celebrated our 45 th this past Sept. It is a great forum we have here.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 04:00 PM   #6
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Welcome! We're glad you joined us. I know you'll enjoy that new 5er.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 04:15 PM   #7
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Thank you for the welcome. I agree this really is a great forum, after I posted this morning, I started crusing through all the info you all have here and before I knew it, a couple of hours had gone by. Oh well, I told myself, the laundry can wait! Boy, when I came back in tonight and looked at my post, I realized it was pretty chatty. Sorry about that. I guess when I get started its hard to stop. Anyway, thanks again, and wow congrats Fae & Gen! 45 years! Thats great! I'd better get going so as not to be too chatty. Talk with you soon.
Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 04:25 PM   #8
RVBUDDY
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1109
We forgot to tell you. When your hooked...your hooked. That's the bad part.
RVBUDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 06:06 PM   #9
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Welcome to the forum, join in on the fun. You are right about the family comunication. Everyone hear trys to take care of one anothers problems and questions.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 06:42 PM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Joy, and don't worry about being 'chatty'. I tend to lean that direction myself now and again. Well, maybe most of the time.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 01:07 AM   #11
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Welcome Joy and Mel. Ann feels the same way about leaving the house. She feels she needs "roots". I am like a weed. I can grow anywhere. Join in the forums and have fun. Tell Mel to save some holiday time for next Sept. to go to the 2005 MOC rally.
Safe travels
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 07:50 AM   #12
Montana_632
Established Member

M.O.C. #632
Welcome! We are sure you will enjoy fulltiming. We have just finished our first year and we love it. We too sold our house and it is indeed a scary thing at first. One thing we did find out was that we wanted something to keep us engaged while on the road so we opened an online business. It gives us the challenge we want while still allowing us to travel and do the things we want to do. So we now have the best of both worlds. We have seen more of the country in the past year then most folks see in a lifetime. More importantly we have the freedom to visit family throughout the country so we stay 'connected'. Happy travels.
Montana_632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:13 AM   #13
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Welcome to the wonderful world of the MOC

Quote:
quote:but if you can do it so can we!
Hey if Lorraine and I can do it anyone and I do mean ANYONE can. We have been at it one year today. When we first started out it was very intimidating and sometimes down right scary. But after a few months you will wonder why you waited so long.
We just know you are going to love the fulltime lifestyle as much as we do. And who knows we just might cross paths someday.

You wanna talk about "chatty" don't get me started. I can point a finger at some very chatty MOCers. One in particular has nearly 5400 posts. Well it was 5396 when I started this. Of course they would all deny being chatty but than don't we all. Well all except me that is. I see myself as a reader not as a chatter. I'd just as soon read all these posts 10 times over than make one post. Than again some folks on here just can't resist hitting that reply button but not me. Well I guess that's about all for now. Guess I'll go and "read" some more posts.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 07:40 PM   #14
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome and happy RVing.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:27 PM   #15
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
welcome and congrats!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 01:36 AM   #16
Montana_1280
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1280
Welcome melnjoy. You have arrived! This is the place to be. We are very new at fulltiming..just coming up on 4 weeks and for now are still working and living in the 5er. House, and most of worldly possessions (except what we could pack in rv) are gone.
It is a scary move. Have I had doubts since making the move…for sure. I have to focus on the reasons for doing it in the first place. For us, it was the only way to retire. We are now debt free and house free. I will retire before the Christmas holidays. And finally be free to enjoy the lifestyle that appeals to us so much. If you enjoy traveling and the rv style of living, go for it. Happy trails….
Montana_1280 is offline   Reply With Quote