Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2011, 02:37 PM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
i wonder where they paint the big sky's at the factory as we have not seen any sign of a paint facility on our factory tours but have seen some "plain white ' big sky's waiting to be painted.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:24 PM   #22
tjuhl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7213
While on the factory tour, I thought the tour guide said they are painted about a block away from the assembly building.
tjuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #23
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
I'll bet they have Maple City Auto Body and Paint out there on County Road 38 doing it.

BTW gang, yesterday as I was out and about doing errands, I could help but noice that there were a lot of Keystone product leaving Goshen in every direction. So, when I got done with my running around, I took a drive down thru the Keystone complex. They appear to be live and well! There is a sea of units that appear to be ready to ship. Even went by one lot and saw a dozen Big Skys setting together in both colors. Also, noticed a lot of standard Montanas setting in various places that had the 6 point level up on 'em.

All looked very encouraging!
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:30 AM   #24
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Dale -
We have a 2010 365RQ Big Sky. We went with the partial paint because we liked the lighter color. It has been very nice. When we bought, thre were only 3 models available for the Big Sky - it was a model and not a "package". This gives you a lot more options. We love ours, especially the separate bathroom. On a recent trip, we had Terrie's Dad along. Overnight, Terrie and I both got the flu. I shudder to think how it would have been in our old 3400. We like the side aisle and separate bath because of campimg with grandkids and occasionally other couples or relatives. Gives us a modicom of privacy. Good luck. You may actually live up to your username. I think we've been conversing with youabout it for 8 years now. Good luck, we hope to have you at next year's rally.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:41 AM   #25
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Terry, Thanks for the information and the input. I am sure we will be getting a Big Sky. Don't know which color it will be or the floor plan. The floor plan will be up to Gail......the rest, most likely be up to me.

There is a very good chance that we will attend a rally or two this next year. Will be with the old Challenger to begin with. It has been a good unit and with all of the additions and improvements I have made and plan to make, she just keeps getting better. Heck, I even have some contacts that I could get some "custom" paint done on her.

So, for all of the rest of you out there in MOC land, consider yourselves warned!! You never know which rally I might bust!
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote