Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2004, 04:57 AM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
1/10 to 3/10/05 Tybee Island (Savannah), GA

Made a reservation this morning at River's End CG on Tybee Island, GA, in the Savannah area. We arrive Jan 10, 2005, and leave Mar 10.

Anyone else going to be in the area during that timeframe?

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 08:08 AM   #2
Glass Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #321
Steve we were there for spring break a few years back the place is great, if you park at a parking meter make sure you feed it or you will have a parking ticket, they must watch them meters like hawks. Roman
Glass Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 11:43 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
OK Steve and Vicki, you finally stopped waffling and made that decision. Good for you! I was hoping to see you down here. Well there's always next year. Guess I can stop lookin now.

BTW- if anyone is interested I was able to locate another Clearwater area campground with 3 winter vacancies available. BUT they only have 30 amp service, no 50 amp for those of you with the bigger rigs or those with the 2005 models. It is an older park but the sites are large and although they do have some older rigs they all are extremely well kept and the park is very clean. The driveways are all paved with grass sites. Most of the sites do have concrete patios. If interested in additional info just send me a private message.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 12:26 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Glenn, maybe another winter. Thanks anyhow.

Roman, thanks for the info. In our glovebox we have a "souvenir" from Austin, TX, from last winter. They probably have an APB out on us.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:04 PM   #5
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
Just wanted to let you know that John and I are spending Thanksgiving at Bellaire Woods campground in Savannah. We drove by Rivers End campground on Tybee Island today and went out to Fort Pulaski. Just wanted to let you know that if you would like to see the large container ships pass through the channel leaving or arriving in Savannah you can see them from Fort Pulaski. After crossing the bridge to the Fort you take the first left going toward the Coast Guard Station, you then take the very first right and you can drive right down to the channel. You will have a great veiw and be able to take some great pictures. The channel is very narrow about the length of a football field. We drove by Rivers End and saw two Montanas. Hope that you both enjoy your stay in Savannah. We have spent the last two Thanksgivings down here.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 12:16 PM   #6
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Marge! Good to hear from you. What did you think of Rivers End CG? It always makes me nervous going sight-unseen to a cg, especially since we'll be there for 2 months! Would love to hear your opinion.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 01:08 PM   #7
JLBOZ60
Montana Master

M.O.C. #826
The campground at Rivers End is a nice one the sites are gravel and the roadway is narrow. We saw a lot of motorhomes and trailers and you are not far from the ocean. You will see and cross a lot of marsh lands going to the island. Be sure and eat at the Crab Shack at least once. When you drive down the main street by the hotels just about any road to the left will take you down to the dunes and some have piers. If you can be on the beach early morning it is a beautiful view watching the sun rise. John said your only worry is the two feet of snow Steve has to shovel HA! HA!. We will be heading along the coast towards Texas when we leave here. We wish you and your family a wonderful holiday.
JLBOZ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 02:20 PM   #8
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks for the great post. Nice info to have. Happpyrving......
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:37 PM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
No, no, I do NOT shovel snow. That's all in the past! We got 8 inches of that "stuff" last night here in Kansas City. I am NOT shoveling! I WILL tramp a path to the truck, but I will not shovel or blow the snow. Never again!

Thanks for the great info on the park on Tybee Island. Like Vicki, I'm nervous about booking two months without first seeing the place. Thanks for the tip on Fort Pulaski, too. That place is on our list of things to see and do!
Old 12-12-2004, 02:42 PM   #10
5ER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #90
Steve, I havn't been very active in the MOC lately but we have talked in the past. Been working all over living out of the trailer but have taken semi-retirement.
This is just a thought but perhaps we can get together sometime during your stay in Savannah. We live outside of Charleston now, about 2 hours or less from Savannah. If you are planning on visiting Charleston we could get together then or we could hook up our 3295 (now in storage)and spend a couple of days down there, if a site is available. I am sure Brenda would be fine with this.
Regards,
Rodger and Brenda
5ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:47 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rodger & Brenda, why not both? We can come up and visit you and if you get a chance you can come down to where we are. Either way, we'd like to get together with you! We'll be there two months starting about Jan 10, so whatever works for you....

Hope to see you soon. My memory is terrible so don't let me forget. You can email me with the email icon on top of this post and I'll send you my email address. I don't like to post it in the clear; the bots tend to pick it up and just add to the spam.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:42 PM   #12
5ER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #90
Steve, We will look forward to seeing you and Vicki. I will be tied up until the middle of January so we can talk about getting together after that. Besides; our 3295 is at the dealers now having the leaky slides pump replaced and I want to be sure the repairs are finished. I will E-mail you later on.

Regards and Happy New Years,
Rodger and Brenda
5ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 05:57 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
5er, email me when you want to work out a time to get together. Weather permitting we'll arrive 1/10 and be there two months. Looking forward to meeting you folks.