Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
reaching my limit....

...with our service dept. I am trying very hard to not get angry but it is not working. We had to bring our unit in after Thanksgiving. We had just picked it up from the service dept. one week earlier for leaks around the slide. We picked it up - packed it up and off we went only to have to cut our trip short because of yet another problem.
This time it was the black water tank. Two days into our trip the tank started leaking all over the place. It was GROSS! It leaked into the under carriage and then finally let loose outside the camper. Brought it back in and it has been sitting there ever since.
The service dept. claimed that they ordered the part immediatly but that it was back ordered......the waiting begins.....one week leads to two weeks .. leads to three....you get the picture here. I call to inquire as to when we might expect our unit back and I am informed that the part is still back ordered and they do not have a clue when it will be in. I politely ask if it is possible to take the tank off one of the units on the lot .... the answer was no of course. More waiting. Before the holidays I call and ask again about the unit and I am told it is still on order. Waiting!
Here we are now into the new year and still waiting. Whenever we call them they have no answers until today. Today I am told the reason it has taken so long is that it is all Keystones fault. The part was on back order AND they always let the stock run low before the end of the year for inventory reasons AND Keystone shuts down for two weeks around the holidays AND when the part finally came in Keystone sent them the wrong fitting! So service blames Keystone and Keystone blames the service dept which leaves the customer who paid all that hard earned money on the Keystone product left hanging.
When does it end? I just want my camper back in one piece. I want the service they promised me when I bought it, I want them to not give me the run around and then deny what they have said, I want to be able to camp in my camper that I am paying monthly payments on but I can not because it is always in the service dept.
I am sorry to vent here - I know that negative comments are not fun to read. Someone please tell me that I have not wasted my money on a Keystone product. I really like my unit but I am seriously thinking about getting rid of it and going back to a SunnyBrook. I know every company has its problems but this is nuts.
Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote