Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
How often can you use PA and Campclub

Was reading the other thread about which one to join, Passport America of Camp Club. Can anyone explain to me how they work, and can you use it at a participating park more than once a year. I take it that some parks restrict the number of days they will discount. Do you have to pick up and leave, or can you stay longer at the normal rate and use your Good Sams Card?

Thanks,

Colleen

Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Your questions are good ones and I believe it is park dependent so you will have to ask each one. However, at 50% off for a night it does not take long to pay for the membership. We stayed four night at one park and it paid for the years membership. I believe the southern parks do not allow it until after the snow birds have left. Then they will take half your money instead of none.
I hope this helps.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I can speak for Passport America. The is no restriction on how many days a year you can use it. Park restrictions vary from park to park on how many consecutive days you can stay but we found that you need to call the C.G as those restrictions may not apply depending of the time of year or C.G occupancy
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 01:02 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Rich has some good advice but I have also found the individual CG restrictions on usage either in the Passport book or for even more up to date info look it up on the PA website.
http://www.passport-america.com/camp...ticipating.asp

Most all CG's do list their restrictions as to length of stay, days not accepted, etc.

BUT I have stayed in CG's that had a "one week restriction" but because it was a slow time of year they have allowed up to a month. This info is not found in the book or the web site so you will have to call.
By calling the CG you may also find that the discount may only be 25% rather than the normal 50% during certain area events. No matter how long you plan on staying it is a good practice to call ahead. Even if they say in the book "no PA reservations taken" they will still give you any pertinent info but they won't necessarily take your reservs5tion.

We have been PA members since we started full timing 4 1/2 years ago and every year we have paid for the PA membership within the first 2 to 3 weeks of camping. This year due to fuel costs our entire summer, with few exceptions such as rallys, will be in Passport America parks.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We figure we saved about 600 dollars in the last two months of last years trip south. We used it everywhere we could, and went 50 miles out of the way to do it. Loved most of the Passport parks too. Heard some bad things about a few of them on here in the last few months though. Anyway we really love Passport and will use it anytime we can..Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:57 AM   #6
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
Depends on when and where you go,don't plan on using it during snowbird season down in Fl.Some years it pays for it's self plus.It all depends on your camping style.Like other people have said one or two nights at a 50% discount and it's worth it.I have passport america,happy camper.KOA and good sams.
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:02 AM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
An example is the camp ground we are in. They will honor PA for three consecutive days. You can come back once a month at that rate. After the three days, it goes to the Good Sam discounted rate. My savings for the three days, $37.50. Twin Lakes is a nice, well kept, gated CG in Athens, TX.

When we go to Branson, we will stay in PA CGs on the way in Texarkana, TX and Harrison, AR. It helps ofset some of the full costs. Our experience is that each Passport America affiliate has different rules by which the honor PA, so, as has been stated, you have to call and ask.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:13 AM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I stayed at a CG on Lake Livingston and got the weekly rate and they used the 3 or 4 day PA rate to reduce the weekly. We decided to stay an extra week and they gave us the same rate, $120 for 7 nights and that includes tax. Like previously stated, different from CG to CG. For the small price of membership, PA will pay for itself in 4 nights, or less, of PA Camping.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:15 AM   #9
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
In most cases, you can find the PA CG also listed in one of the CG books like Woodalls or Trailor Life. That will give you a comparison or rating of the CG. So if you have more than one PA in the area you may find one rated higher than the other. PA book does not provide any rating. We just signed up for it last July, used it about 4 time (total of 8-10 days) out of a 2 1/2 month trip.
Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:30 AM   #10
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
We used our Camp Club USA two nights at Fidalgo Bay, Anacortes, WA and saved about $47. It will certainly pay for itself the next time we use it. Yes there are restrictions but I find they are well marked and defined both on line and in the directory (nice 350 page book) supplied free.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 AM   #11
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
For information on CampCLub USA go to this link.
https://www.campclubusa.com
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:30 AM   #12
Ruth
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8424
We pay for a membership quickly with PassPort America. We noticed this year they are limiting the stay and some weekends. It still pays for itself with no problem. It won't work for FL during the winter.
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote