Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GIRLS gone MOC > MOC Gals General Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
Lady RV
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30
OK Gals...

Let's start our Engines!

Lady RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Not a Gal but I just thought I'd make a quick comment...
I have a feeling this will become a FEMALE only category that can't possibly work.
1st of all...A female only category wouldn't matter to me but what is good for the Goose should also be good for the Gander.
You can bet on it that you will get complaints from the male MOCers that they want a MALE only forum as well.
AND What's to stop any MALE from registering as a female. For example... Lorraine is not the least bit interested in forums and that includes the MOC forum. What would stop me from registering her name and assuming her identity???

This has been tried on other forums and so far as I know it has always failed and actually caused a lot of animosity amongst the membership as well as between spouses.

Just my opinion..........
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:26 AM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Opinion noted Glenn,

This is the MOC!! That makes us different, eh??

This is not intended as a slam to the men of our lives. I mean, where would we be without ya?

It is intended, in part, I believe, to get the gals more involved in the forum, and Rallys/campouts.

Sorta like the driving class at the Fall Rally 2007, just for gals, no insults intended. And even Lorraine participated and learned from that experience.

Without raising angst, you fellas already have areas of the forum us gals rarely visit, the towing sections, etc.

Please give us a chance, eh??
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:28 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
It would not bother me if my wife were to register and get on the forum.
Heck! I don't listen to here anyhow, why would I want to read an all Gals forum.
Knitting, quilting, boyfriends! Not interested.

Go for it.

But I may lurch around once in a while just to see if y'all are talking about me. (again)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:36 AM   #5
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Ditto what Carol said!!!
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:51 AM   #6
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
I think there are more females here than on most forums, so it wouldn't hurt to try something for them too. If it doesn't work, ok, at least an effort was made to acknowledge the female side of this RV world.
I would think the female take on the comforts and lifestyle of RV'ing should be taken very seriously by the industry. After all, they need to be involved too for us to be able to enjoy this experience.
You know the old saying..."if mamma ain't happy"...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:26 AM   #7
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Patti and I think it's a great idea for the women to have their own category. What's wrong with the females getting to talk women stuff? I'm hoping it will get my d/w more involved in the forum.
I don't care about a male only category and if any male has to register as a female to post on this one, well shame on you!
just my opinion too.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:50 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Holy Testosterone !!!! A women only category..right.. give them a category and next thing you know we will have one of them running for president. Who want's to hear what they have to say. Next thing you know the MOC logo will be pink with frills around it!!!!... Helen???...why are you looking at me that way???!!...put down that butcher knife don't come any closer.. I did not hear you come down off the roof..... You are going to do what with my which...OK,Ok you can have your category..great idea.

May I suggest the "gender police"
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:11 AM   #9
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
I remember this being discussed at the rally. I would love to see more of the lovely ladies we've gotten to meet and know participate on the forum. There are so many aspects of camping & RV-ing that women have a different take on or want to have input on. Not to mention those female issues we all share. Kudos to MOC for creating this section.

I do hope the guys will give us gals a chance to see if this works without getting their shorts in a knot.

Rich, LOL, I loved your post! Now please put Helen on!

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:56 AM   #10
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49

Okay...... so who wants to hear why I hate the "Water Closet" in the 3295RK?

This could get "delicate" and I am sure the men really don't want to go there.

*LOL.......

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:39 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Helen will love this . She is toiling for the Mouse but will I am sure be here as soon as she gets home..She has been looking for this category for a long time.

Helen has her own sign in name but does not post much because most things are "guy things" Guys..get the spouse to join the forum with her own sign in. We have left them out long enough.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:29 AM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Sue here, I would suggest all the ladies who leave all filling, dumping, and the other 'outside stuff' learn all about it. I drain and clean every once and a while.
Driving the rig on trips, in town and on the road is a very good thing to do too. You never know when you might have to.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #13
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
I see no problem with the idea, but does this mean that if not a lady, or a women, the reply won't count? will it be called " Drinking Fountain for the Girls, or The Ladies Corner " I see segragation starting here. HA HA
Old 03-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #14
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Silly girls.
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #15
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Pam here, and I say VROOM, VROOM!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:50 PM   #16
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
maybe the gals could come up with a better camp ground for the fall rally than the train depot in goshen , anything would be better than that fairgrounds , there has to be a spot we could get 75 to 100 spots beside the train track
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #17
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Well, Sailer, maybe

BUT, WE ARE NOT GOING BACK IF THE RALLY GOES BACK TO BREMEN AND PLAYMOR

ohhhh, I am yelling, , sorry.

Bremen has the worst water you have ever seen in your life, and a variety of other reasons the ladies would prefer not to go back there. Besides, they have trains too, sighhhhh.

The KOA??? nightly fee probably too high??? There is Eby Pines, I don't even know if they have facilities for a Rally??

One reason we do kinda like Goshen, is the close proximity to the plant.

And, some of us don't mind the trains any more. No, I am not deaf, YET! HAHA

I don't know where this post belongs, but, kinda figure this is off topic, and maybe you should start another thread??? or email some of the moderators, and ask them about that??? Gotta figure there is no changing it for this year, I would guess there is some kind of a contract.

Do you have any suggestions for a good place to hold it??? If so, cool beans, as Ozz would say, lets hear about it.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:27 PM   #18
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Any place would be better if it had clean water , as far as close to the factory , how close is the rally in mo to the factory or the west coast rally , 50 miles is no big deal for these factor guys , theyt all have a expense acct and try to keep it full all the time , thats part of selling , that half of there income, the expense acct john
Old 03-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #19
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
we could probly go to Mears, MI to the best camp ground on concrete pads in sept and the factory would be with us all the way , the cg name is Silver Creel RV resort and they have 129 sites and in sept they are empty as we were ther before coming to goshen last year as there were maybe 20 rigs there and 3 of them were going to goshen john
Old 03-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #20
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Do believe this needs its own thread. The Fall National Rally is the only Rally where WE go to the factory. People want to see the factory.

All other Rallys or campouts, may or may not have vendors/and/or Keystone representatives, at least that is the way I understand it.

Mears would be a great place for a MOC campout, but, it is 179 miles from Goshen. Me thinks that is a tad far to drive for a 2 hour tour of the plant. Why don't you plan a campout for that campground, post it, etc.

We are way off topic here. SIGHHH