Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC/Northeast Region
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2007, 09:34 AM   #21
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
In my opinion...
No A/C in the pavilion is not acceptable. The temps at the 07 NE rally would not have been comfortable without A/C. Even with the A/C it was a bit warm once everyone was inside.
No cable TV?? Don't watch a lot of TV but at those prices I do expect cable.
No Internet is understandable but is there a Verizon signal for the Cell phones and our Aircard?? AND but they "may" have a wireless system installed by the time we get there. Wonder how many times I heard that one?

I really hate to say this but, sorry we will not be attending if this is the best we can do?
And 2 rallies in Virginia in the same year?
And whatever happened to Gettysburg?

I know what it takes to organize a rally especially a regional rally but this rally is next June nearly a year away. I feel it is way too early to have to settle with so much time left.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:52 AM   #22
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
I don't believe it Glenn and I agree on something. Since I have had problems before with the heat, I won't chance it again.
Sorry. I know you are working hard to please everyone, but this will not work for us.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:16 PM   #23
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
Gettysburg is good. The Virginia region rally was decided before the NE region picked as one of it's choices Virginia. Coming from NY we won't come down twice.

Carol
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:18 PM   #24
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ashlandcpa

Is there a rule that 2 rallies can't be held in one state in one year? I'm still a rookie at this I guess, so I just don't know all the rules yet. Is there a book. It would seem that 2 different formats exist in the scope of things. Glen, you suggested someone restart the VA region rally even after you knew that VA was being considered for the NE rally in 2008. Just think, another feather in your legend cap.
No there is no such rule but like Carol said "Coming from NY we won't come down twice." and I know there are others that feel the same way but either haven't yet or just won't voice their opinion.
AND yes, there are just as many folks that feel the NE rally should be in the northeast and any rally to be held in Virginia be discussed in Virginia region category. AND NO the Mason/Dixon line has nothing to do with it.

As far as saying they should go ahead with the "Virginia" rally I am guilty as charged BUT at the time I made the suggestion Gettysburg seemed to me and many others to be the front runner for the NE Rally.

The Virginia rally was started years ago long before regional rallies were even thought of and NO it was not limited to just Virginia residents. Having attended that first Virginia rally I know this to be a fact and by the way I was and still am a Florida resident.

Other than the Rockahock CG I will do my best to attend the rally whether it is in Virginia, Pennsylvania or Annapolis, MD. It can be called the NE region, the VA region or a new one called the East Coast region. The name to me is unimportant as I try to attend all rallies that I can so long as they are not out of my way or the CG site cost cannot be justified or the amenities just don't fit the need for a rally atmosphere.

As I eluded to earlier..The 2008 NE rally is nearly a year away. I feel it is just way too early to have to settle with a campground that doesn't fit the bill with so much time left on the calendar.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:46 AM   #25
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Dave, rude abrasive responses?? Maybe in your eye's but not in mine. Most folks know me as telling it like it is and if that is rude and abrasive than so be it. Like you, I won't agree to something just to agree. Everything I post is strictly my opinion or, in some cases, comments I have either personally heard from others or received as a PM or email. Why they don't post their own comments is no bodies business put their own.

As far as the Mason Dixon line I find it quite funny how you were the very first to bring that line up. To many of us that line is non-existant and yet you seem to dwell on it.

I can see we agree on one thing and that is "We agree to disagree" and so this will be my last response to this thread as I see no end in sight.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:00 PM   #26
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Let's keep it calm and not let this escalate any more. Agree to disagree and let's get on with rally discussion.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:47 AM   #27
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Okay, now let's everyone take a deep breath, exhale slowly while counting to 10.......

I will be the first to admit that I am not thrilled with Rockahock. Even though June 08 is 11 months away it is the only campground that is near Williamsburg that could accomodate us. I can expand further out towards richmond but as others have pointed out we now have 2 events planned for virginia next year. The event sites are on opposite ends of the state seperated by "APPROXIMATELY" 4 hours (your milage/speed may vary). I doubt anyone attending the Walnut Hills event will be willing to travel that far to visit Williamsburg. A Richmond campground would still be about an hour drive to Williamsburg which I can see people doing.

I will take a look at Annapolis but when I looked for campgrounds to attend my Naval Academy 25 year reunion I didn't see any public campgrounds nearby. Dave is there a campground you can recommend?

The only complaint I have heard on Gettysburg so far was the fee's at Drummer Boy. They were not spelled out so let me just list what they are "listed" at. (This does not include any discount which Rick and Jeana may have negotiated) http://www.drummerboycampresort.com/rates.html

Fri and Sat nights - $60 per night
Every other night - $50 per night

Assuming a 10% discount we are still talking some serious money. Now for that price you get cable. WiFi is available for a fee (we can ask that they throw in free wifi for the group but don't know how receptive they will be - can't hurt to ask)

Rick/Jeana do you have any details on the pavillion (it may have been earlier in the thread, it just doesn't show up on the review I am looking at now.

I realized the potential can of worms when we open up the "candidates" to eview and comment by all and my ego was well prepared for the responses. I chose to do this because we want to come up with a location/venue that will be attractive to many (never going to please all). Rockahock had too many give and takes for me to get a clear view of which ones were more important than others (A/c or price, location or cable, etc.)

I wanted to know what you thought and I appreciate all the comments. Please try and dircet your comments to Lisa/Rick/Jeana and I. Everyone's input is welcome and everyones preferences are equally important to us. It is okay to say you would not attend if it is held in a certain campground, or that you would attend if it was near some attraction you have always wanted to visit; that lets us know how strongly you feel about it.

I will go back and take a look at where other regional rallies are scheduled that year - it does make sense to offer diversity and spread the opportunities geographically.

VABLUEBIRD - Thank you for your efforts to add another opportunity to gather together for good times. In my opinion there can not be too many opportunities. Congrats on locking in a location and wish us luck as we keep evaluating possible locations. I tried to convince the lady at American Heritage campground to bump the group that is meeting there the weekend we wanted. I told her we thought of their campground and that weekend before the other group did we just didn't call first but she wouldn't budge.

Keep the ideas AND opinions coming (just direct them at us)and we will keep looking for the best overall location. It is out there we just need to look harder and your inputs help.

Bill and Lisa
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #28
RickMatthews
Established Member

M.O.C. #6961
Everyone - We are not considering Drummer Boy, so please put that out of your minds. I'm not sure where this came into the picture, but we have great options in Gettysburg that are not anymore expensive than this year and can accomodate our group very nicely. If the wagon masters can come to an agreement on location, we will make the decision and post it asap. I hope you can all be patient and understanding as we try to find the right place. More to come...very very soon. Thanks for your input and understanding. Please trust us..we will have excellent accomodations in a great location. Hang in there and happy camping!
RickMatthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:18 AM   #29
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
We'd like to say thanks to the 2008 wagonmasters for volunteering (key word) to take on the challenge of the NE Rally. It appears to us that your puting a lot of thought an effort into arranging the time and place. Do not be discouraged or distracted by the push and shove going on in the forum as the choice of location is entirely yours. If people can make the rally they will come, and if they can't for some reason there is always the next time. Always remember that you can not please everyone all the time and others can volunteer the next time around if they want a particular location. I didn't see a lot of hands shooting into the air when Steve asked for wagonmasters, including ours. We're sure that either location would offer great things for people to do. Besides, we thought the whole idea was to spend time with other MOCers. :-) We really enjoyed getting to meet the great people that are part of the MOC at the last rally and look forward to future ones. Keep up the good work.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote