Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #1
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Madisonville/New Orleans, LA

We're at the Fairview-Riverside State Park in Madisonville, which is considered the "northshore" of New Orleans. We'll be here a couple of weeks sightseeing. The park is really nice. The weather is improving - right now at 10:00 p.m. it's 60 degrees out. Think we'll put our Port-A-Bote in the water and check out the river.

bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:01 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Bob, I just heard a terrible groan from Glen. I think it had something to do with my reading that you had a Port-A-Bote.....
Where you do carry it? That sounds like fun. Now I know what I want for Christmas!

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 06:12 AM   #3
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Hey, Judy! We carry ours (12') on the big slide in brackets. We carry the seats in the big storage locker and the 5 h.p. motor in the front locker. Others here in the MOC carry theirs under the rig in some very clever ways. We've used it in so many places and had so much fun with it I can't imagine not having it.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:35 AM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Been there, a very nice state park as is Fountainebleau State Park.
How much damage was done by the storm? If you go into Madisionville and turn left there is a neat old lighthouse at the mouth of the Tschefuncte River to the west. I was unable to find access to it but it is visible from the parking lot at the marina.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:36 AM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Bob and Pam, I've seen one attached to the slide. I'm sure it is really fun to be able to get on the water wherever you are. Now I know what I want from Santa! Was it attached to your Montana when we saw you in Vicksburg or do you take it off when you're parked?
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:05 PM   #6
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Charlie, Fairview is in good shape from the storm. All cleaned up neat and tidy. We went to Fontanbleu the other day and half the campground is still closed, the water access is under repair and is closed and there are lots and lots of downed trees. We put the boat in the river today and it was great. Fun, fun, fun!! We did see the lighthouse and spent and afternoon at the maritime museum in Madisonville. This is a very interesting area.

Judy, yes, we did have the boat on the slide in Vicksburg. We only take it off when we are going to put it together to use. I think we posted some pics on the MOC of the way we carry it, but if you want I can email some.
Pam