Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2006, 08:08 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Cats adjusting to the travelling

As you can see, Rowdy likes the Colorado Sun, and Sparky alternates between the Sun and shade.
We left Spark-O-Matic home last year, he is a terror. He has done super this trip, we do have to put him in a pet carrier at night, as he wants to pester us. He has adjusted well to the routine, I'm glad we brought him.
How do your pets travel?
I made a partition-door block, I'll post it later. It keeps them out of the bedroom.
Ozz and Sue
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...olorado002.jpg
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...olorado001.jpg

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:00 AM   #2
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Our two Schnauzers travel well. Also our big male cat also travels with us. I take pictures of him almost every trip because people don't belive that he rides on the consol of pickup. He also rides in back seat with the dogs. Everyone is wearing pet seat belts. He wears one of the Schnauzer's seat harness that usually is in my car. Or one of Lucy's walking harness. They are fastened to the truck seat belts by straps. His a little longer so he can get into his box. But not too long that he would fly into anything if we should have to stop fast. I will post a picture of him from this last trip when I get them loaded onto computer.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:42 AM   #3
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
While we do not have cats (nor a Montana for that matter LOL), we do have three Shih Tzu and camp often in our little travel trailer. We have the pet travel bags that also fasten to a vehicle's seatbelt (for their and our safety) and all of ours have learned to love their bags, especially the "middle child" who when getting out ANY bag that even resembles his travel bag, will try to get into it by scratching, rolling on it, pawing it, you name it. They were not introduced to these either until about three years of age for each of them. They all LOVE to go camping. Yes, we even have a little tots "loveseat" camping chair that the two youngest dogs enjoy so much sitting/laying in outside around the fire or under the awning. Spoiled??? No, not our furkidz! (You don't even want to hear our reasons for purchasing new trucks and/or RVs-LOL). When they see my husband getting ready to hook up (as they watch from the house patio door), you should just hear them! (On the other hand - probably not.) I guess suffice it to say they love camping and traveling as much as mom & dad I think mainly because they are with us but also they get to explore new territory and get lots of extra attention too! The middle one is a "people watcher" and I swear he sits outside and watches everything until he just about falls over asleep.
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dusty, I can tell you love your 'kids' the seat belts show it. We have to take the little guys with us. I'm so glad we brought the Spark-O-Matic, he is enjoying everything so much. He sits at the door and watches for us.
Sandi and John, I know, it's amazing the crazy decisions we make because of our pets, the money they indirectly cost us numbers in the tens of thousands. (Wouldn't admit that to a non pet lover, might lock me up in the lone bin!)
I'm glad you all have them for some return love.
Ozz
Old 10-03-2006, 12:14 AM   #5
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Ozz, we KNOW people think we are crazy but I really don't care. (Glad we have company - LOL) If someone is not an animal lover, then they probably just don't understand and that is okay. I can't imagine my life without a four legged furkid in it. We enjoy ours so much and they make us laugh everyday and they are very good for the soul. We always kid that we need to get them Soc. Sec. numbers so we can use them as deductions as sometimes their medical bills are more expensive then ours! We have one with chronic health issues, not life threatening, but VERY expensive. They are definitely a commitment if you want to take good care of them and can potentially be very expensive over the long haul but I wouldn't trade them for anything. That's the chance you take if you want to be a responsible pet owner.

Glad to see so many animal lovers on here who successfully travel and/or full-time with their furkidz. I admit I have some concern with ours being cooped up in the wintertime in a Montana (when we eventually get ours) in our cold weather/snow without as much room to roam as in the house. We have a 23' travel trailer that we camp in right now on weekends and for up to about a week but the furkidz are always happy to come home so they have more room to move I think.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #6
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Ozz your cats are very cute! They must still be babies.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #7
Rocky2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2840
We travel with three dogs two Australian Shepards and one mix we think is Aussie, Rottweiler & Chow from what we can figure out. We love them and when we went fulltime we could not part with them. The two Aussie's are old (over 11 yrs old) and the other is a pup of 4 years or so. They are all rescued from bad situations.

Some of our family think we are nuts to travel and live in such tight quarters with 3 dogs of this size - but where ever you are they are - even in a big house.

Laura
Rocky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
They are all part of our families.
Gotta love 'em.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:12 PM   #9
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Ozz here is our cat traveling. He likes to ride on the consol or between the dogs in back seat. His seat belt can be hooked to both places to keep him safe. He wears a dog harness seat belt. Cat harness is too small.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #10
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Laura, are you able to find open/safe, contained, areas that your furkidz are allowed to run or do they just get their exercise with walking?

Dustyuu,that photo is priceless! Your cat sure proves that some cats DO enjoy riding in a vehicle! How cool is that?!?
Old 10-11-2006, 03:32 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dustyuu, he looks happy, good of you to keep him safe.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:07 AM   #12
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Dustytuu, that is the greatest Cat pic I have seen! What a character! HE looks as if he was a co-captain!
tara
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #13
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Thanks all. He is the most unusual cat we have had!
He loves it when tractor trailer trucks pass us or we pass one of those. He is fascinated with them. As you can see in this picture as he looks at all of them!

sorry Ozz I didn't mean to highjack your thread