Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2005, 09:44 AM   #1
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
I-88 Upstate NY/Belden Hill Campground

For those travelling I-88 in upstate NY, Belden Hill Campground, one mile off the highway at Exit 5, is recommended. The setting is beautiful, the new owners are terrific--and you can have coffee with us in 83A if we happen to be in. (We store here year round, spend frequent weekends--and Bill's therapy time--and use it as a base for our travels.) Fish in the ponds or play golf across the road (driving range on site). Porch sitters will like the nightly town meeting at 7:00 PM on the store porch where everyone eats ice cream and shares a few laughs while enjoying the view. Dancing and bingo every weekend--end at 10. Super quiet for those who just need to wind down. Reasonable rates--but don't expect to run 2 AC's, TV, microwave, coffee pot, crock pot, your favorite drill, all your lights and a bunch of teenagers' hairdryers at once. Hope to see some of you.

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:17 AM   #2
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
Agree 100% We use Belden Hill as a good stop off point en route when on I81. Unfortunately usually early in season or very late (last year we could not stop as campground already closed for winter)

Not the most fancy of resorts but friendly - next time we stop by we will see if you are home Bill & Pat.
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 01:49 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bill
It had been a while since I have been in that area. I know I-88 but not the exit numbers. We will be going there in a couple of years because I have to go to Cooperstown again (and take Ed). What town is this near. I have an Access database going on Campgrounds to use for any area.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 02:03 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
OK Bill, you got me convinced that we should maybe visit
Belden Hill Campground but are you going to be around this weekend?

Sue, here's a link...
Belden Hill Campground
it's north of Binghamton.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:41 AM   #5
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Bummer! After issuing a blanket invitation, how embarrassing to say that we won't be there most of this weekend. Pat's Dad is having an 88th birthday celebration--attendance required as you can imagine. If you can email us your travel plans though, perhaps we can figure something out and produce that cup of coffee for you. In any case, tell Joe and Peggy we sent you.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:46 AM   #6
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Glenn and Bill and Pat
I livedd in Chenango Forks and Chenango Bridge most of the 10 years I lived in NY. My girls graduated from Chenango Bridge High School. I wasn't into RVing then. Of course it has been 25 years since I was there. Belden Hill looks like a really great CG. That area of the country is so beautiful (except in the winter). Lots of good fishing there.
Happy trails.................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote