Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2011, 04:26 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Advantages of getting old?

‘My face in the mirror
Isn't wrinkled or drawn
My house isn't dirty
The cobwebs are gone
My garden looks lovely
And so does my lawn
I think I might never
Put my glasses back on …’
(Stolen from the Internet)

I guess we don’t spend much time thinking of the advantages, do we? There must be some, let me think.
Well, one comes to mind. I know what’s going on at midnight, 2:00 A.M., 4:00 A.M. and when I wake up and can’t sleep any more at 5:45 A.M. I bet the kids don’t have any idea what’s happening at those hrs.
We always get the fresh food when we eat out at dinner-time, no cold or stale food at 5:30 in the afternoon. That is something good.
We don’t get any speeding tickets anymore, maybe an occasional polite reminder that our turn-signal is still on from the co-pilot.
When watching T.V., I don’t hear any of the annoying neighborhood noises anymore. With the volume up, I am the annoying neighborhood noise.
Old fart passes, that’s an advantage.
Wal-mart now has Senior Citizen parking, but 95% of everyone I see there are old farts.
Dressing in the morning; those dark blue jump-suits are looking better, but I don’t think I am quite there yet. But, it just doesn’t matter what you wear, no-one cares anymore.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 05:11 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
You just had to make me do this, huh?

Advantages Of Growing Old
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
OK, I'll fess up. The other day I got up in a fog as usual, no coffee yet. I put my glasses on and got the newspaper. Something was wrong, everything in my left eye was a blur. I started to think something happened and it was not good. Thought may be I had a stroke in the night. That's when I realised that my lens had fallen out of the left side of my glasses.
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Still being here and above ground.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:13 AM   #5
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
I wish I could have the "old fart" privelages and the "young buck" stamina.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 05:13 AM   #6
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I'm laughing so hard I can barely catch my breath!
This EXACT thing happened to me and I really started to panic thinking something was desperately wrong. DW and I still laugh about that episode.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by nosticks

OK, I'll fess up. The other day I got up in a fog as usual, no coffee yet. I put my glasses on and got the newspaper. Something was wrong, everything in my left eye was a blur. I started to think something happened and it was not good. Thought may be I had a stroke in the night. That's when I realised that my lens had fallen out of the left side of my glasses.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
maximo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11371
On my last vist to my Dr. he asked me if I had any questions and I said yes," What do you do with a 70 year old body and a 20 year old mind?" he just laughed and said "See you next vist".

Frank
maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:00 AM   #8
Sheepdog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10354
Yeah it's too bad youth is wasted on the young!

Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the longer you use it, the faster it seems to go!
Sheepdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 AM   #9
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
"Old Age and Treachery will overcome Youth and Skill every time"....!

Today (8/24) I have officially turned 62! Time to start drawing my social security, so we can fuel up and go someplace neat!

Of course, we could always fuel up, now having the social s. coming in, that means I don't have to cook "roadkill" on the barby any more!!!
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Happy Birthday Terry! Welcome to the ranks of ne'er-do-wells and vagabonds and the rest of the folks that deserve to not be named in a scurrilous manner by the likes of me.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote