Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 07-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Beater Bar Head for Central Vac

I know it has been discussed a lot in the past, so pardon my bringing it up again, but... where does one find and purchase a "beater bar head" for the central vacs in our rigs?

I looked up central vac in the search but didn't really find the answer to the above question. We forgot to bring our upright vac we usually have when traveling, and the regular head just does not do the job. So, I just want to get the beater head and be done with it.

Thanks ahead of time for any answers.

Joy

MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #2
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Joy,I sent you a PM!
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Google (or Search the MOC) for TurboCat EX

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:29 AM   #4
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Joy,
We have a Turbocat and love it, you'll find a bunch of them on Ebay
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:54 AM   #5
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
We got ours at a Lowes.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:43 AM   #6
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Charlie & Nila, we have the Intervac "system" in our Montana...does the TurboCat work with any vacuum and how is it powered (I looked it up on ebay and could not determine what the power source is)? Michael
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:59 AM   #7
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
Yes the turbo cat works with your system. it is air operated and does a pretty good job of cleaning
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:06 AM   #8
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by racerjoe

Yes the turbo cat works with your system. it is air operated and does a pretty good job of cleaning
Racerjo, thanks for the response...another thing to buy! Michael
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:53 AM   #9
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We had ours hand delivered to us by Steve and Vickie Reigle.. It is so nice to have friends on the MOC.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:55 AM   #10
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Thanks everyone for the responses! You answered my question lwith exactly what I was looking for! Great to hear it is at Lowes, that is one store that they do have here in Moses Lake! Thanks again.

Joy
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:30 AM   #11
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
I asked this same question here 2 yrs ago and got this suggestion.
http://intervacdesign.com/
I purchased the battery operated beater bar head. (looks like they have changed models) I absolutely love it. Model# BB300. I have two long haired cats and it works very well. Lasts about three to four sessions and charges fast. I also purchase my vac. bags there too.
Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #12
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Unfortunately Intervac has dropped the battery powered head from the line and the battery powered replacement did not pan out. So now they are selling the Turbo Cat as a replacement. We have the battery operated unit and have had to replace the battery once. They say that the batteries are good for about 2 years. We Love out beater head but we are going back to an upright. With a large Yellow Lab/ Golden retriever mix who sheds 24/7/356 even that nice central and beater bar head aren't enough.... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #13
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exnavydiver

Unfortunately Intervac has dropped the battery powered head from the line and the battery powered replacement did not pan out. So now they are selling the Turbo Cat as a replacement. We have the battery operated unit and have had to replace the battery once. They say that the batteries are good for about 2 years. We Love out beater head but we are going back to an upright. With a large Yellow Lab/ Golden retriever mix who sheds 24/7/356 even that nice central and beater bar head aren't enough.... Dave
We had the battery operated head from Intervac but the battery would only last one use thru our 3400.
By recommendation we purchased the TurboCat and just love it.I think the turboCat is stronger and runs on the vacuum power,no batteries involved. I still have the Intervac head just sitting here,we never use it. By the way,we have the two Labs and it picks up the hair real well!
Jack
Old 07-23-2010, 09:54 AM   #14
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Jack, your chocolate looks enough like our Murphy girl it is scary. We sure miss her and Beau still does too. I thought the battery power head worked fine but after we got home I used the upright and every time I got finished going over the carpet (for 7 vacuumings) I got almost a half cup of sand and a huge ball of Beau downy fur. His under coat is ALWAYS shedding but at least you can see it on the floor or furniture. We may try the turbo cat at some time in the future if we can find one to try... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #15
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Quote:

Jack, your chocolate looks enough like our Murphy girl it is scary. We sure miss her and Beau still does too. I thought the battery power head worked fine but after we got home I used the upright and every time I got finished going over the carpet (for 7 vacuumings) I got almost a half cup of sand and a huge ball of Beau downy fur. His under coat is ALWAYS shedding but at least you can see it on the floor or furniture. We may try the turbo cat at some time in the future if we can find one to try... Dave
Mine must be the exception, I tested it when I got it by vacuuming with it and then took the wide clear packing tape and layed it on the floor in a few well traveled kitty paths and the tape came off clean.I am disappointed that they no longer make it.
Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #16
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Joy if you find one at lowes please let us know as their on line site doesn't list them. Mary Ann is interested in one.
Thanks
Don
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #17
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:

Dave, I know about Murphy and was so sorry to hear about her. Our two labs are litter mates and have never been apart,their almost 12 years old and I'm afraid our time is getting near,their slowing down big time.we have to enjoy them while we can. God Bless your Murphy!
Jack