Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2019, 03:09 PM   #1
Janet H
Site Team

M.O.C. #19422
Send a message via AIM to Janet H Send a message via MSN to Janet H
Login Changes - login with email soon

Next week as you login you will be prompted to use your e-mail address and password instead of your username and password. This change is being made for a number of reasons.

The biggest reason has to do with the forum being part of the RV Life family of sites.
Many of us have accounts at other RV Life sites, specifically CampgroundReviews.com (formerly campgroundreviews.com). In time you will be able to login to The Forum as well as other RV Life sites where you have accounts with the same login, simplifying things substantially.
We hope to have an enhanced mobile app available as well that will allow you to read and post on multiple RV Life sites where you have registered an account if you desire, although this is not yet fully developed.

Some other reasons:
  • Username logins were case sensitive and often had punctuation that could be miskeyed or forgotten and has been a regular cause of login trouble.
  • It's easier to remember your e-mail address then username for most folks.
  • E-mail address are not visible on the forum but usernames (half of the login combo) are and so there is a little better account security.
Your username will remain unchanged and display as usual next to your posts.

If you have trouble logging in with your e-mail address instead of username there will be some prompts on the login screen to help you and a link to update your email address if needed. This change will not affect Tapatalk logins.

Thanks in advance for your patience with these changes - we're working hard to improve security and keep the site easy to use.

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:07 PM   #2
bones
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14557
why does my site come up as not secure now?
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #3
Janet H
Site Team

M.O.C. #19422
There has been no change to the site security. The login page (where user credentials are passed) is secure (https) - the rest of the site is still http.

Old 02-18-2019, 12:04 PM   #4
Beau2010
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18355
If you people just want to get rid of a bunch of us, just say so. You have made this site and the Keystone Forum unusable. Good BY!
Beau2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #5
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Someone needs a Snickers
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:29 PM   #6
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2010 View Post
If you people just want to get rid of a bunch of us, just say so. You have made this site and the Keystone Forum unusable. Good BY!
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:36 PM   #7
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
I sort of agree with Beau2010, you trying to get rid of us ?. I have not posted for a while. When I tried, it said my password was incorrect. Well its been correct for years WTF. Went to change it and was told a new password was sent to my email. Went there and ?. Then I saw the user is now the email and wala it worked.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:56 PM   #8
Janet H
Site Team

M.O.C. #19422
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeje View Post
I sort of agree with Beau2010, you trying to get rid of us ?. I have not posted for a while. When I tried, it said my password was incorrect. Well its been correct for years WTF. Went to change it and was told a new password was sent to my email. Went there and ?. Then I saw the user is now the email and wala it worked.
I know that change is sometimes a challenge but the goal here is to make accounts more secure and in the long run make accessing the site easier.

Your password should not have changed (unless you change it). The change here is that you will login using your e-mail address rather than your username. The same password is still used.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:56 PM   #9
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
So where did my avatar , signature and all personal info go, post count is 5 and other stuff missing. Old Screen name was BSHGTO not Brian Holmes that is displayed now , huh?
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:06 PM   #10
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau2010 View Post
Well, "BYE" then!

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 09:18 PM   #11
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Holmes View Post
So where did my avatar , signature and all personal info go, post count is 5 and other stuff missing. Old Screen name was BSHGTO not Brian Holmes that is displayed now , huh?
I sent you a PM explaining your issue. It basically is a simple solution.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:08 AM   #12
barryn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13517
ok. see you on the road.
barryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:02 AM   #13
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Just a comment about the email being more secure then your site name - Nahhh. If it was, then we wouldn't be getting 150-200 scam-spams a day. The emails have been trolled out of the internet from our main email address by these dirt bags. Luckily we have a good spam cleaner/folder since most of the garbage from unknowns goes there. We have several anonymous email accounts included with our supplier where forum notifications as well as on line purchase emails go, not the main address.

Better security - I doubt it. If we start getting garbage in the anonymous email folder I use for forums, I will make a learned guess that vBulletin has sold that address. And that will upset me.

No, I'm not threatening to disappear, just disappointed with so-called 'security' changes that really aren't.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:27 AM   #14
CampinCanuck

M.O.C. #23698
trying to post

Can anyone help me to guide me as to WHERE to post a question??? There is literally nowhere on the page once logged in where it says post your question or comment here. please and thank you Campin Canuck
CampinCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:44 AM   #15
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Canuck,

Click on "Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum" just below the wider brown bar at the top. Pick a subject that is somewhere close to your question and click on it. Then click new thread and insert your question. I would start it with an intro of yourself.

Welcome to the forum!

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:02 AM   #16
CampinCanuck

M.O.C. #23698
I followed your reply to the letter and cannot for the life of me find where it says any subjects to choose from or a spot to click "new thread" this can't be that hard getting frustrated. I want to ask about ny sewer flush system.... on my 05 newly acquired Montana 36
CampinCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:04 AM   #17
knapper42
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21742
how do I change my password.
knapper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:53 AM   #18
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinCanuck View Post
I followed your reply to the letter and cannot for the life of me find where it says any subjects to choose from or a spot to click "new thread" this can't be that hard getting frustrated. I want to ask about ny sewer flush system.... on my 05 newly acquired Montana 36
Zack's instructions are right on but perhaps a picture or two will help explain.

Quote:
Click on "Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum" just below the wider brown bar at the top. Pick a subject that is somewhere close to your question and click on it.
From the main page, scroll down until you find a sub-forum which seems appropriate. In this case, "Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help".
Click image for larger version

Name:	MOC - Category List.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	3682

Clicking on that sub-forum brings up a list of Threads posted there. To add a new Thread, click on the "New Thread" button (pointed to by the red arrow).
Click image for larger version

Name:	MOC - New Thread (2).JPG
Views:	35
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	3683

Now you just have to fill the title and text, Submit it, and away you go!

Old 05-09-2019, 12:04 PM   #19
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by knapper42 View Post
how do I change my password.
This is a pretty easy task. Click on "User CP", the leftmost entry of the smaller brown ribbon bar across the top. Now look for "Settings & Options" in the left pane. Just below it is a clicky to "Edit Email & Password". Click on it and follow the instructions.

Old 06-01-2019, 05:59 AM   #20
govslug
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19741
I can't log into this forum with my phone anymore...desk top only...every time it prompts me I put it in and it goes right back to the same prompt. I get an e-mail for a new password....put it in and its a big circle !
6.0 Power Stroke Diesel
govslug is offline   Reply With Quote